IGNORED

What is this recorder?

dwh

When I got my first Atari 800, I couldn't afford the $1,000 disk drive so had to settle for the $199.99 tape drive. First 2 tapes I bought were Shamus and Jumpman. I still remember watching Jumpman climb sloooooowly up the ladder while the game loaded, 5min or so ..... and sometimes when he reached the top the message "Load Error" would appear and you'd have to do it all over again.

Ahhh.... now those were the days.

Mendon

When I got my first Atari 800, I couldn't afford the $1,000 disk drive so had to settle for the $199.99 tape drive. First 2 tapes I bought were Shamus and Jumpman. I still remember watching Jumpman climb sloooooowly up the ladder while the game loaded, 5min or so ..... and sometimes when he reached the top the message "Load Error" would appear and you'd have to do it all over again.

Ahhh.... now those were the days.

Mendon

I never could get "Meltdown" to load successfully with my 410. :)

Hum.. that's a little different than mine, which I picked up for $1.99 at a thrift a few months back. Looks like it's definitely for the XL series, but I'd beware of any untested systems.. like any old tape player, the belts crack with age, and these aren't any different. I don't know what it'll take to get mine back in action for my Atari 400, but I wouldn't think about paying.. (Dr. Evil voice) EIGHTEEN DOLLARS for one..

Especially since I got this really cool player on eBay a month ago.. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...item=3009594806.

.. and NEW it was.

-rpm-

I read somewhere that Atari even offered tape players for the 65 and 130XE systems! I wouldn't mind one of those, just for grins.