IGNORED

Star Wars Battlefront

WestofHouse

I played it more because I'd heard it's better in 3rd-person view. Part of that reason is the wider POV the camera affords. It's true for me -- I did generally better. Granted, part of my problem in this and BF4 both was the tendency to pop right into scope mode.

Got to the "max" level for the beta, which is level five. A window pops up to tell us this, but also says there will be many more weapon and ability unlocks.

Also got to drive an AT-AT, which was fun except most of the action was far away and we only get ninety seconds. Another time I think I got a hero pick-up but didn't know that enemy gunfire would negate the ability when summoning it. Bummer.

I won't be buying it, though. Maybe when the price eventually comes way down.

I won't be buying it, though. Maybe when the price eventually comes way down.

It also has a $50 dollar "season pass" on top of the $60 up front. :|

Last time I got duped like this was Destiny, so yeah I'm wating hopefully for the "full version" a year from now or whatever and not for more than $100 for chrissakes

• Like 1

I cancelled my pre-order. I was still considering it despite the uninspiring game play (because Star Wars), but the season pass announcement killed it for me. I'm with Cimerians -- I'll wait for the "Game of the Year" edition next year.

I'm still having fun with Destiny, and Battlefield Hardline just dropped in the EA Access vault, so I'll have another game to keep me occupied for a while.

Edited by WestofHouse
  • Like 2

I really want to like it. It looks and sounds great, but I just suck at online shooty games. Being shot in the back repeatedly is my main experience with this. I had somewhat more fun with the Tatooine Survival segment, because it was single player only and I felt like I had a bit more control over the situation.

I'm still going to buy it, because I like Star Wars and I'm hopeful that there will be some modes that I can enjoy (much like how I adored the space bits of the PSP games).

I wish there were more Star Wars games for me. I still try everything, but Trench Run on the iPhone is still my favorite of the modern crop. Thank goodness for GOG's recent retro reload.

SWTOR is too grindy, Lego is too goofy, Battfefront2015 is too shooty, and Uprising is grindy and repetitive. Right now, for me, Uprising is the best casual Star Wars game, the only way I could swallow Diablo style looting. I'm hopeful for a fun playable flying game really soon. Rise of Glory with X-Wings would do it. A digital version of the X-Wing Miniatures would be fun as well.

I like that game a lot but its too expensive for me to really devote to it. A tactical video game based on that would be great. I also wish some sort of huge single player RPG would be made....maybe by Bioware.

I've been curious about the X-wing miniatures game. What is so expensive about it?

I've been curious about the X-wing miniatures game. What is so expensive about it?

Buying all those little miniatures! LOL

It's great fun and I've been looking at ways to play on the cheap. But with videogames taking in all my "fun" budget I just can't do it cause I'm one of those guys that can't settle owning a small squad of ships. Its Star Wars....I'm going to want everything. :P

Luckily a family relative owns the game and I just visit them once in a while and get to play.

• Like 1

The models are expensive. Without them, it could be done with cardboard (no money in that), or computer logic (like the Sid Meier Ace Patrol games). I'm surprised it hasn't happened yet, but I guess the developers want to maximize the tabletop version.

• 2 weeks later...

I was hoping for some good single-player action, like the storymode or galactic conquest in Battlefront 2. Yet again, triple-A games are trying to force me into an online circle-jerk with strangers I come to instantly despise for even existing. Hmph. Plus, because of a crummy Canadian dollar, preorders are hanging out in the 80-dollar range, which is bogus.

• Like 1

That looks awesome nice.....but still its a multiplayer game and its got an expensive season pass so its basically a $110 game.

I'm still going to wait, it'll be there later and people will still be playing online. It may even be on sale on black friday. Fallout coming in a little over a week too methinks.