IGNORED

Updating decades old manuals

Omega-TI

Many of you guys here have done a TERRIFIC job reproducing old manuals and documentation, but what do you think about UPDATING some of these manuals?

Over the past 25-30 years, many great programmers (many of them here) have written some awesome programs. Many of these programs are specifically designed to work with specific legacy hardware, so I was thinking, so why not mention these programs (with links) in a new updated document? Would it be blasphemy to make or modify a manual, or possibly append a PDF with an 'update'.

Some people may be unaware of some of these programs, and I was thinking that this might make it easier for future newbies, returning TI'ers or possibly generations (wishful thinking) to find the appropriate software to go with hardware, or even help someone decide which hardware to purchase based upon software availability.

The attached file is just an example of something I 'tweaked' as a possibility. Let me know what you think of the idea, or what you might possibly add to the document, or if the whole idea should be scrapped.

Thanks,

Ω

BETA.pdf

• Like 2

Not a bad idea, and one that is well within the capabilities of many folks, so it could generate a lot of updated manuals. . .

So true. In fact the guys who've owned these specialty cards over the years are for all intents and purposes the experts on them. This would give them the opportunity to educate us and at the same time make a lasting contribution to the TI's and their own legacy.