IGNORED

NES BALLBLAZER on E-Bay!

Famicom Ballblazer doesn't look nearly as good as its 7800 or A8Bit counterparts do but it still plays very well. The AI is good and is about on par in terms of level of difficulty with the 7800 version. It is certainly worth picking up if you have the ability to play Famicom carts and you can find it for a good price.

I'm confused. It's an inexpensive common that isn't at all fun to play, and there are a ton of other ones on ebay. Is there something special about that auction?

I've got a CIB copy of it--but I'm a weirdo who collects ballblazer versions. The FC one is terrible, and that's coming from somebody who found a way to enjoy the playstation version.

The FC one is terrible, and that's coming from somebody who found a way to enjoy the playstation version.

I really don't mind the Famicom version. It still plays like Ballblazer. The mutant Playstation variant, however, is an abomination to the name Ballblazer! I've tried it and then tried it once again over the years and have never managed to find anything but frustration and disappointment in the PS game.

I really don't mind the Famicom version. It still plays like Ballblazer. The mutant Playstation variant, however, is an abomination to the name Ballblazer! I've tried it and then tried it once again over the years and have never managed to find anything but frustration and disappointment in the PS game.

I'm reaching *way* back into my ps1-era memory here, but if I recall the lack of auto-turning really wrecked the pacing, even though it was what we all said we wanted ballblazer to do back in the day. I did like the variety in stadiums, but having variety in foils meant that some were even slower than slow. I do remember the intro movie and music being properly awesome for the time. Most of my time with the game was spent playing the easteregg'd classic mode. For some reason I can't find any footage of it on youtube.

Removing the auto turn usually doesn't work for these games. That SNES clone (whatever it was called) did awful with it, but I remember there being a pretty awesome dos version done up in a raycasting engine that still managed to play quickly enough. I wish I could remember the name of that dos clone. The auto turn made it easier to know where the goal was on offense and added the best defense options.

Though I can see both a famicom and ps1 from where I'm sitting, I really can't be bothered to refresh my memory on either (though I'm tempted to get some footage of ps1 classic mode for documentation purposes).

Edited by Reaperman