IGNORED

New Section - Atari Art?

Osmeroid

How feasible would a section dedicated to AA members artistic skills be? I admit that my own ventures into the realm of box/manual/cart art is pretty small (last year's 'Green' & this years 'Red' versions of Polo) but it would be good to see the efforts of others, amateurs & pros alike able to post their hard made efforts to a dedicated section.

There is a good reason why I ask this, as after seeing some of the brilliant final production pieces of people like Dale Crum (Space Treat Deluxe, Swordfight, Sea Battle, Arcade series), Dave Exton (far too many to mention + new UA series) & Mike Mika (3D Rubik's Cube) as well as CPUWIZ's gorgeous rendition of a 'Video Life' box (and Grover cart labels), I think that it would be of great encouragement to more folks to display their artistic talents.

Any thoughts about this?

Yes, it would be nice to have a section to display the various game-related art people have created over the years. In addition to games that have actually be sold in some fashion, several people have created art for fictitious titles that never saw and never will see the light of day. It would be great to gather those images as well all together in one place, although I'd like to get permission to display someone's images before using them.

..Al

I'm really interested more in original art that people have created and less about reproductions that recreate original artwork. CPUWIZ did a great job with his Video Life box, but I don't think it's really appropriate for a section like this. I want to see all the original labels and boxes people have put together. For instance, Dave Exton's excellent Qb and Gunfight designs, Dale Crum's Skeleton and Space Treat Deluxe labels, and so forth. And not just for games that have been released, but also fictitious titles of which I've seen various pieces floating around the net.

..Al

There is also another guy called Christopher Drum who did a bunch of fantasy labels like this one:

Yes, Christopher did a ton of great labels, but I haven't heard from him in a *long* time. I'd have to get his permission to use any of that art for that section on AtariAge..

..Al

You've got my permission.

Just say the word and I'll send you all I've got. :D

Thanks, send me what you've got!

Has anyone had contact with Christopher Drum at all in the last year? I just discovered that his home page is gone, and unfortunately I don't even have copies of all the wonderful label art he put together. I really hope nothing has happened to him!

..Al