IGNORED

Creative Computing Video & Arcade Games Magazine

CreatingComputingGames.jpgThe folks at the Classic Computer Magazine Archive are delighted to announce that the full text of Creative Computing Video & Arcade Games Magazine is now on the Web here. A short-lived spin-off from Creative Computing magazine, Creative Computing Video & Arcade Games magazine only published two issues, in 1983. But they were both packed with great information about home video games, computer games, handheld games, and arcade games. The magazines include reviews, guides to mastering games, and informative features. Launched in 1996, the Classic Computer Magazine Archive offers full text from Antic, STart, Creative Computing, and Hi-Res magazines, as well as information from Compute! and Compute!'s Gazette.

Actually I still have both copies and read them... wel at least once a year.

But are these the only two that ever came out??? Wow! ;-) ...and I don't even collect these things... just somehow kept them because the articles are great!

I will look after them better than the past twenty years, maybe put them in a plastic map of some sort ;-)

just somehow kept them because the articles are great!

Same here :P Those two mags are some of the prizes of my collection. I thought they had cooler articles than a lot of the other mags at the time. I have 2 of the first issue and one copy of the other (the one w/ Darth Vader on the cover). They're pretty beat though (like all my old magazines) :lol:

That site looks like it was put together w/ a lot of work.. it has almost everything except the ads! :)

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I was the one that actually did all the scanning and HTMLing. Kevin Savetz did all the rest getting it online. I spent quite a while doing them. I'm working on getting some scans of the ads as well. Kevin (as well as many others) has done a lot of great work with the sites. If any of you feel you have the time and energy to contribute, please do. It's a lot of work but the more people we have working on them the faster stuff will get posted. Right now Kevin has the permission to post Compute, Compute's Gazette, Creative Computing, Amiga Plus, II Computing (Apple II magazine), as well as numerious books. Any help would be appreciated. Money, time, magazine/book donations are all apriciated. Check out the sites for more info.

Allan

That site looks like it was put together w/ a lot of work.. it has almost everything except the ads! :)

But the advertisments are cool too! :D

huh? :? Well yes the old ads are great! But where did you see ads? It doesn't look like any were scanned/transcribed.. at least nowhere I've looked on that site :?

My bad, I interpreted your original message as "everything except the ads!" meaning it was good NOT to have the ads (you know like "less filling, tastes great")! :P Then I said that those missing ads (in general) are cool too, but yes there are none there, at this time anyway.

But the advertisments are cool too! :D

huh? :? Well yes the old ads are great! But where did you see ads? It doesn't look like any were scanned/transcribed.. at least nowhere I've looked on that site :?

Thanks guys for all the compliments. I was the one that actually did all the scanning and HTMLing. Allan

Yes, the site looks very good! How do you go about doing this, do you OCR the scans and then manually code the HTML, or do you have a better application to do it all in one step?

I OCR everything and scan all the pics and then manually code all the HTML although BBedit Lite on the Mac has some great extentions that speed up the process.

Allan

My bad, I interpreted your original message as "everything except the ads!" meaning it was good NOT to have the ads (you know like "less filling, tastes great")!  :P   Then I said that those missing ads (in general) are cool too, but yes there are none there, at this time anyway.

aah k. I had misinterpreted what you wrote as saying that the ads were cool as in "the ads ARE there and they are cool!" :lol: Gotta love written word miscommunications :lol: