IGNORED

Sears Video Arcade II

JATO

Anyone one know where I can get schematics for this model ? Trying to figure out what's being used as a rectifiers . They have 10v AC out of the power adapter, has to be rectified at some point to get the 5v DC the cosole needs to run on. I dont see any rectifier diodes around the power in plug or voltage regulator area or a bridge rectifier..

IIRC it uses four diodes instead of a dedicated bridge rectifier. They should be to the right of the large filter cap on the upper right corner of the motherboard.

I see there are four glass diodes in the power supply area, but they are glass diodes like signal zener or schottky diodes. Don't seem heavy enough.. And yes I know the power supply is only supplying 500ma to maybe 1 amp..

Edited by JATO

I see there are four glass diodes in the power supply area, but they are glass diodes like a lot of signal zener or schottky diodes allthough not all of these types are glass. Don't seem heavy enough.. And yes I know the power supply is only supplying 500ma to maybe 1 amp..

• 2 weeks later...

I opened another console and the glass diodes have been replaced with 1N4002 so as i suspected the glass diodes are not heavy enough.. My reason for looking for an answer about the power supply is I wan't to use a supercharger on this console and I have a PS2 controller adapter using some current as well..Also looking at spec sheets the regulator can be replaced with a L7805CV 1.5 amp replacement that I use in other consoles..I ask Best Electronics and thay have no schematics, they said they didn't find any when clearing Atari enginerring department. So it looks like we are not going to have any schematics to go by.. Mod your console at your own risk ! I am working with a experimental cosole that i got very cheep..

Those "glass diodes" are probably geranium diode. Slightly different than the more common silicon diode and often used in audio and radio. It would be odd if it was used for power rectifier.

The replaced diodes were glass, and know have IN4002 in there place.everything working great..Had me stumpt to ..