IGNORED

Site down

Albert

Sorry for the inconvenience of not being able to access AtariAge.com from about 1AM (CST) through 8AM. Apache crashed about thirty minutes after I fell asleep, which is just fitting given I went to bed much earliert than I normally do! We even have software installed on the server that will restart services (including Apache) if they stop responding, but in this case something had to be fixed manually with Apache before it would come back online.

I have now told several people to give me a call, even at 4am, should they see the site not responding for more than a few minutes. If I can get that service monitoring software to do the same thing then I'm all set! :)

..Al

Atariage was down for 7 hours!! In frustration at this, I turned off my computer and actually went outside. It was a bit bright at first but I got the hang of it. Now I have a job and a wife. Fortunately, normal service returned and I am now safely back in the dark:)

Do any other readers remember where they were when AA broke down? :D

Atariage was down for 7 hours!! In frustration at this, I turned off my computer and actually went outside.  It was a bit bright at first but I got the hang of it.  Now I have a job and a wife.  Fortunately, normal service returned and I am now safely back in the dark:)

Do any other readers remember where they were when AA broke down? :D

:lolblue: