IGNORED

MAME and 7800

Admiral

Are you trying to load the 7800 version of Centipede into MAME? If so then it won't work. For 7800 emulation you need the MESS emulator. If you want to use MAME you would need the MAME Centipede ROMs.

Mitch

I had this figured out a while back. There was some arm-twisting thing you had to do to get it to work, but I can't remember what it was. I thought it was setting the BIOS directory to where ever the 7800.rom file was but that doesn't work either...

Ah, ok. Here's the arm-twisting part. (Which is a really dumb thing to have to do, especially since I couldn't find any docs about this...)

You have to put the 7800.rom in a the directory /mess/bios/a7800 and se the MESS Bios directory to mess/bios. That got it to work for me. I was reminded of this from Mitch in this thread:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...t=mess+emulator

:D Here's some good sites for MAME ROMS:

www.mamefans.net has every arcade game as a description but not every roms

www.emuchina.com does have all of the arcade roms.The only downside is that they name it by the filename

www.klov.com has info on every arcade game to date!

Hope this helps!

Look...Here's a little story:

Atari roms are NOT COPYWRITTEN ANYMORE! Atari's last owner: Hasbro Interactive released those roms into public domain. MOST of the roms on MAME are public domain now.The ones with a "anti" symbol ARE COPYWRITTEN. Hope that settles some confusion!

Look...Here's a little story:

Atari roms are NOT COPYWRITTEN ANYMORE! Atari's last owner: Hasbro Interactive released those roms into public domain. MOST of the roms on MAME are public domain now.The ones with a "anti" symbol ARE COPYWRITTEN. Hope that settles some confusion!

This is toally incorrect. The only ROMS for MAME that have been released into the Public Domain are Gridlee and Robby Roto, all of the others are still under coypright. I also don't recall hearning anything about Hasbro releasing any of the Atari library into the public domain. Hasbro DID release the encryption keys for the Atari Jaguar carts so that homebrew development could procede.

Dan

Archived