IGNORED

Dragons Lair Movie Kickstarter

cimerians

Yeah its basically just that, there's a lot of film makers on Kickstarter doing similar things so for me its not surprising they are raising funds this way for the demo.

Its basically a donation.

I didn't throw any money at it but I may pop 5 bucks for it. A lunch any given week just to show the support.

Then again, they milked the games for so long and I bought them it kind of feels like "Really you guys need MORE money from me?"

I blogged about this and the vagueness of the Kickstarter: http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2015/10/27/dragons-lair-the-movie-kickstarter-why-you-need-to-be-careful/

I think a lot of people don't realize the part about this just being a pitch video so they can possibly get a potential movie traditionally funded. The same thing with the reward tiers. If this does get funded, I think a lot of people will be in for a surprise.

• Like 4

Well, one way to look at it is that if this movie ever gets made, and said movie is not just a rehash of the original game (or the terribly forgettable Time Warp sequel) then the studio doing the movie could do additional animation on the side (while they're working on the main movie) which could be used to create a new Dragon's Lair arcade game (with a lot of home ports, of course).

As bad as this one is, the one I found a couple of months back of the original modelbuilders for the TMP Enterprise wanting a few million dollars to build "the Ultimate Enterprise" was even worse.

Still, I was at least tempted to donate to that one. For $50, I'd get a book that seemed at least kind of interesting. (About the construction of the original model seen in the films)

For $50 on this one, I'd get a photo of Don Bluth and Gary Goldman and a lanyard. ... wow. For $25, they'll give.. updates.

Sorry. Not feelin' it.

I blogged about this and the vagueness of the Kickstarter: http://armchairarcade.com/perspectives/2015/10/27/dragons-lair-the-movie-kickstarter-why-you-need-to-be-careful/

I think a lot of people don't realize the part about this just being a pitch video so they can possibly get a potential movie traditionally funded. The same thing with the reward tiers. If this does get funded, I think a lot of people will be in for a surprise.

But won't they be maximizing the use of the available hardware... by showing a picture on a canvas using a camera?

• 3 weeks later...