IGNORED

"My Brother Logged On To My Computer"

VectorGamer

I know I'm winning your auction, but I don't have the money to pay for it right now and hope you don't mind re-listing it. Sorry for the inconvenience.

I don't want this game. My brother logged into my account and purchased it without my knowledge and I would like my money back please. Sorry for the inconvenience.

It said I won this auction for your NES Open Tournament Golf (Nintendo) game. I do not want this because my brother logged in my account and bought it with my money. Please give me a refund.

Yeah the old "someone logged into my account excuse", either that or "I WAS HACKED!" always a convenient excuse, funny how ones siblings, cousins etc always do these very specific things and apparently are always assholes lol. Honestly even if it were 100% true which I highly doubt, they should be made to pay up anyway as a lesson for being careless with security. :roll:

If you issued the refund, it might cause a defect on your account since eBay bots won't know if you refunded because you were out of stock or something. Call eBay and talk with them, let them know this one buyer seems to have problem with account security. Best case, eBay helps with refund without any defect and blocks buyer from leaving feedback, and suspend the buyer for account issue.

• Like 1

If you issued the refund, it might cause a defect on your account since eBay bots won't know if you refunded because you were out of stock or something. Call eBay and talk with them, let them know this one buyer seems to have problem with account security. Best case, eBay helps with refund without any defect and blocks buyer from leaving feedback, and suspend the buyer for account issue.

This. eBay knows all about this kind of "buyer" and doesn't want them stinking up their service. It's a non-paying bidder, not anyone that deserves a refund.

I have all my items fixed price and immediate payment required. Yesterday I sold a Darth Vader stocking to someone in Canada. I received a message today that said:

I bought an item from you and it says shipped and I noticed that you take PayPal I don't have an account with PayPal and I wanted to make sure that your getting paid for the stuff I purchased

Funny thing is that they had to use paypal to purchase the item, so I'm not sure why she's saying she doesn't have a paypal account. Yes this is a newbie Ebay person. It seems that you'd think everyone has been using Ebay all these years, but I get new customers all the time. I shipped this item immediately. I'm waiting to see if there is going to be a problem. Canada is the only country I ship to outside the global shipping program because I can ship 1st class and track the package. All others require priority to track. The customs number I was told doesn't track, or I think unless the mail carriers actually scan it.

Between getting burnt on a few transactions over the years internationally and my Paypal receipt of over $20k a few years ago forcing me to do tons of paperwork for taxes, made my decision of not selling internationally. I think that year I had about $6500 in shipping costs, and my total profit after fees, shipping, cost of goods, supplies, etc. was like $5000. It was a waste of much time. I don't trust international customers anymore.

Edited by Philflound

I don't trust international customers anymore.

The last time I sent something overseas, I used the (expensive, slow) Ebay international shipping service. The buyer FREAKED OUT that their item was sent to the shipping center in Kentucky instead of to their home in Italy. I'm glad that he, not I, paid for the extra service.