IGNORED

32k mod

Iwantgames:)

This might have already been asked I searched but didn't find anything tho

OK I found this set of instructions on harmlesslion

TI 32k Mod.pdf

Is there any cons to this mod?

Im going to get a 2nd TI I want to put a F18A and this mod in it to play cartridge games and have my current setup for floppy games and nvr have to take the XB 2.7 out :) so would this mod be good for my needs?

• Like 1

Is there any cons to this mod?

Only one that I can think of. It probably scares the living s___ out of people with 'soldering iron phobia'. Some people simply cannot imagine going to town on their prized classic computer like that.

YES, it sounds like a great mod turning a TI into a dedicated stand-alone gaming console... especially with all these great programs coming out... not to mention these awesome compilations.

I designed that mod because I didn't want to mess around with all the wires in the 16-bit 32k mod, and I wrote the PDF because I wanted to document HOW it works, something that the older mod always bugged me about.

I've been running it continuously for 4 or 5 years.

The only con I know of is it's an 8-bit mod which offers no speed advantage over the external 32k mod. The famous 16-bit 32k mods allow you to disable the wait states on the 32k space.

(Mind you, Theirry Nouspikel shows that you can disable wait states with 8-bit 32k expansions, too, some day I need to try that against my mod ;) ).

• Like 1

I haven't built a 1MB AMS replacement, I built a 32k mod. ;)

I want to built this 32K mod. so that the 2048K games module (to make a game console for my kid) and Extended Basic v2.7 can work without the Nano-Peb

(but I have two left hands and still struggling to get the USB-Joystick adapter to work, probably bad soldering)

• 4 weeks later...

My mod is 8 bit, just like the external 32k, yes. :)

Tursi,

So if I want to purchase the XB 2.7 which contains some tools that require 32K RAM to work, would purchasing a nanoPeb solve the problem without having to upgrade the TI with an internal Modification?

Tursi,

So if I want to purchase the XB 2.7 which contains some tools that require 32K RAM to work, would purchasing a nanoPeb solve the problem without having to upgrade the TI with an internal Modification?

Yes it does work. I am using it. Difficult part is to get/find a nano-PEB.

Also use the right firmware on the XB 2.7 (I am using the version where the speech has been added that time when plugging in the XB 2.7)

I have not checked on later versions.