IGNORED

Which Atari 8-bit game makes you laugh the most?

Fletch

Try to find a few old Mad Magazine and read the comic strip. It was sadistically funny

Yeah, my cousin and I actually bought Mad magazine (at the same bookstands :D) too. I "think" that after some time there was even a Dutch edition....but not sure....we loved all the craziness.....and I knew Spy Vs. Spy from that magazine but.....I guess you needed to read the manual a bit with that game and uhhhh..welll uhhh, they forgot to pack the manual with my copy I guess..... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

• Like 1

Yeah, my cousin and I actually bought Mad magazine (at the same bookstands :D) too. I "think" that after some time there was even a Dutch edition....but not sure....we loved all the craziness.....and I knew Spy Vs. Spy from that magazine but.....I guess you needed to read the manual a bit with that game and uhhhh..welll uhhh, they forgot to pack the manual with my copy I guess..... :grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:

Yeah, I almost never get the manuals for any of my games too :-)

In fact, the only 8bits game i ever bought were Ultima III and the SSI AD&D gold boxes because you needed the code wheel to play them.

• Like 1

I bought Donkey Kong. First game I got and.....uhhmmm.....I guess some tape games, Attack of the mutant camels was one of them. Having only a few games (in the beginning) was good though.....because you were "forced" to play them you take the time to learn them.....and learn to appreciate them.....later...when I had contacts in the US and Australia and we sent floppies around the globe......we had loads of software but less and less time to actually play them....

• 4 weeks later...

#1 Hoover Bover. Jeff Minter was whacked funny. I won't be surprised if there is a llama or goat level in the Tempest 4000 coming out. A llama will be there someplace.

#2 MULE. Catching the WUMPUS. The pirate ship that takes ore has an eyepatch on the cockpit if you look closely.

#3 Picnic Paranoia. You had to swat the ants taking your food with a fly swatter. Or, get the bug spray out. etc..etc..
#4 Infocom games. Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy. The babel fish insertion puzzle.

#5 The alien that attacks your ship in Rescue on Fractalus. At first it scared me.