IGNORED

was it worth getting back into the jaguar?

heid587

I moved towns a while ago and trimmed some fat from the belongings naturally my muscle car trumps any video game, so i sold off all of my jag gear except for the skunkboards i had, which i am glad i kept them as ive browsed ebay looking for some jag gear and f@ck me, when did this stuff turn to gold?? Obviously this kind of gold doesnt sell just look at completed listings, so its safe to say im only gonna buy carts when sellers actually wanna sell.

Where do i look now? Is there any sources where this stuff is actually reasonably priced?

Any help would be appreciated other wise there may be a few overpriced skunkboards up for grabs

Edited by heid587

Now is probably the worst time to get back into the Jag, prices are nuts. Best is one source as mentioned, though his stock is getting pretty slim these days. Also there is B&C (http://www.myatari.com) and you might find a deal at the Goat Store (http://www.goatstore.com/). You can check the Marketplace on here as well, but there aren't really any dirt cheap bargains to be had anymore.

• Like 2

I trimmed down to the bare essentials and sold off all my fluff. In recent memory, the last place I ordered from, which was cheaper than eBay, was Telegames in the UK. The guy that runs the shop is friendly, realistic, and offers discounts on big orders.

About video games in general: except when I am at the airport waiting, who has time for them? I was on the fence about some of the recent Xbox One console bundles through the Microsoft Store, but decided against them. The games aren't the same. The whole era of competitive consoles, far out games, etc. is gone. Playing them now is fun, but I don't want to dedicate the space to physical media anymore. Same with my collectible books.

Best of luck whatever you do.

I just ordered a console from another guy here in aus, for me theres only 2 systems i like, the jag and amiga cd32, it really boggles my mind how they weren't as big as they should have been i could just rave on about the potentials of them,

The only time i have to play is whilst im in the crapper (im sure most men are the same) ive never been glued to playing a game since the days of mortal kombat, now running a business and having a kid on the way has taken time from me, but i do find maybe an hour a week to go through the colection and fire something up, gotta be 2d and fast progessing

I just ordered a console from another guy here in aus, for me theres only 2 systems i like, the jag and amiga cd32, it really boggles my mind how they weren't as big as they should have been i could just rave on about the potentials of them,

The only time i have to play is whilst im in the crapper (im sure most men are the same) ive never been glued to playing a game since the days of mortal kombat, now running a business and having a kid on the way has taken time from me, but i do find maybe an hour a week to go through the colection and fire something up, gotta be 2d and fast progessing

The problem with the CD32 is that it is mostly a 2D machine and not suited at all for 3D. The Jaguar has a far more impressive 3D capacity...

Hands down the jag trumps it power wise, and there's no point comparing, the expandability and software library is what enticed me to the cd32, you could spend days and days checking out the software available

I guess, if you are American... For me it's old hat, I'm a European girl so I can play all this on an A1200... Indeed it basically is an A1200, just with the Akiko chip and a CD ROM drive... Oh and a funny controller 'D

He looks to be Australian. Back in the late 90's, post college I lived in southern California for a while, starting out in a hostile in Huntington beach (I was doing what the Aussies call a "walk about" back then) and eventually rented a place across the street from the hostile as I liked the international social life it allowed (mostly surfers and others on "walk about"). Anyway, I had about a half-dozen Aussies and Kiwi's (male and female) over my place for drinks one day and we played the Jaguar, this was about '97//98, so more advance systems were out by then, but they were all amazed with the Jag, especially AvP and Doom. I remember them saying they had nothing like it in Australia/New Zealand, at least in that time or where they were from exactly. One of the girls became my girlfriend for a few months until she returned to Australia.

Sorry, it just brought back memories...one of the best times in my life.

Im an aussie, the jag never made it here so it was something i came across later in life and my first taste of it got me wondering how the hell wasnt this trumping nintendo, i did most of my growing up on the nes and snes, i always thought that these nintendo consoles felt as though they were government issued and rather bland in terms of styling, let alone they were everywhere and you never could have anything unique, the whole "i dont wanna do it if diddy did it" (southpark pun) controlled me for a while.

The whole cd32 basically being a amiga 1200 sold me on it, all the games i remember playing d generation for a whole weekend once, not one room was left unexplored

• Like 2

Im an aussie, the jag never made it here so it was something i came across later in life and my first taste of it got me wondering how the hell wasnt this trumping nintendo, i did most of my growing up on the nes and snes, i always thought that these nintendo consoles felt as though they were government issued and rather bland in terms of styling, let alone they were everywhere and you never could have anything unique, the whole "i dont wanna do it if diddy did it" (southpark pun) controlled me for a while.

The whole cd32 basically being a amiga 1200 sold me on it, all the games i remember playing d generation for a whole weekend once, not one room was left unexplored

It is pretty neat to play A1200 on CD, but I only got my CD32 last year... My problem with it is I already had an A1200, and I didn't know enough about the architecture... I was a little disappointed...

It is pretty neat to play A1200 on CD, but I only got my CD32 last year... My problem with it is I already had an A1200, and I didn't know enough about the architecture... I was a little disappointed...

Agreed, I didn't have a A1200 but did grow up with a A500, by the time I got my CD32 (recently) all it was was fancy movies tacked in.

Akiko was barely used at all afaik.

Even more I guess over time I've grown a little fed up of "rainbow" backgrounds, and heck the CD32 has a few too many games that blow colors in your face just because. Seriously there's a few games that suffer from "overcoloring/color-abuse", they borderline tripping in a bad kind of way not sure way (maybe it was the devs way to show they were taking advantage of the platform).

Edited by phoenixdownita

I'm thinking the AtGames Sega Genesis pre- loaded, with MK1,MK2,MK3, several Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Vectorman, Vectorman2, and 30 or so good sega genesis games, plus 40 games I have never heard of...40 bucks. 2 wireless controllers...will also play old sega carts.

Not bad about what I want to invest in a system and games, wish they would make a Jag one, would be cool.

• Like 1

I'm thinking the AtGames Sega Genesis pre- loaded, with MK1,MK2,MK3, several Sonic the Hedgehog Games, Vectorman, Vectorman2, and 30 or so good sega genesis games, plus 40 games I have never heard of...40 bucks. 2 wireless controllers...will also play old sega carts.

Not bad about what I want to invest in a system and games, wish they would make a Jag one, would be cool.

I had one, they aren't terribly reliable, but it was my introduction to older games machines outside of the A1200 so, it did it's job... Now I have £200 worth of fourth gen Sega hardware, I'm not sure if it"S strictly necessary ;) yeah Amiga devs certainly loved shoving VGA colour don your throat, didn't they? At least some games like Alien Breed 2 made it look nice and not completely rainbow...