IGNORED

Your top 10 games wanted on Intellivision

Rev

Here's one for y'all: Swordquest: Intellivision. Wait, wait, before you throw the rotten food at me:

I mean actual decent games. 4 of them. Each of which has a puzzle to solve. Be the first to solve the puzzle and you win a (small) prize. All 4 winners get to compete on a brand-new, unreleased challenge cart at PRGE 2016. And the winner receives the grand prize of <<insert something pretty cool here>>.

We just need 4 dedicated programmers, a couple of art and sound people, a project manager/designer/executive producer, people to donate prizes (probably something a bit less impressive than a $50,000 jewelled sword), and a willingness for the winners to make the trek to PRGE for the grand prize competition.

Hey, why not think big? We could call it Intelliquest.

• Like 1

Robotron 2084

Forgot about this one. Great choice.

The new 3D printed controller clamp will work for this too. Just put both controllers in the INTV Controller Clamp and presto... two discs and two keypads for multi-controller playing enjoyment! Download the 3D printer model files for your 3D printer as soon as some one creates it! :)

Now, if I just had a 3D printer...

Piggy Bank 2 - with a kids mode

Two player (at the same time) Ms. Nightstalker

Something like this would be very cool. If you could do a two player game setting different levels of difficulty for each player. Sort of like a handicap in Golf that could be a very compelling game to buy or make.

Smurf ROM got posted? Oh the blue horror of it all...

Don't think I can come up with 10 but here are some games I'd like to see:

1. Spy Hunter - with the awesome music, Intellivision style

2. Demon Blaster - An updated Melody Blaster using Demon Attack baddies as the notes to destroy with keystrokes that make music

3. Double Dragon - My favorite original NES game

4. Tie Fighter - Space Battle with a Star Wars theme

5. Lord of the Rings - Should really be a series like the D&D games were

6. Monopoly - Yeah I said it!

7. Harry Potter and the Chessmaster - Bring Wizard's Chess aspects to the Intellivision

8. Oregon Trail - You know you'd play it!

9. Star Trek: Borg Wars- Space Spartans with a Star Trek TNG theme and Borg Cubes!

10. Super Pro Curling - What? It'd be fun I tell ya!

Hey look at that, I did make it to 10!

• Like 1

Don't think I can come up with 10 but here are some games I'd like to see:

1. Spy Hunter - with the awesome music, Intellivision style

2. Demon Blaster - An updated Melody Blaster using Demon Attack baddies as the notes to destroy with keystrokes that make music

3. Double Dragon - My favorite original NES game

4. Tie Fighter - Space Battle with a Star Wars theme

5. Lord of the Rings - Should really be a series like the D&D games were

6. Monopoly - Yeah I said it!

7. Harry Potter and the Chessmaster - Bring Wizard's Chess aspects to the Intellivision

8. Oregon Trail - You know you'd play it!

9. Star Trek: Borg Wars- Space Spartans with a Star Trek TNG theme and Borg Cubes!

10. Super Pro Curling - What? It'd be fun I tell ya!

Hey look at that, I did make it to 10!

Those are some interesting twists on some existing games, but there should be more content added and not just a sprite change hack, unless it is an inexpensive ROM release.

I played the 1979 release of Oregon; the only release not named Oregon Trail.

In regards to Potter's Wizard Chess, back in the day there was the Battle Chess computer game. That was fun stuff. And I had the Battle Chess II: Chinese Chess, but I never quite got the hang of Chinese Chess. I'd welcome both as a cart(s).

What about Star Trek's 3D Chess, and the chess type game called Dejarik that they played in Star Wars on the Millennium Falcon?

It could be a Chess MultiCart

I'd like to see some new guitar hardware in the style of 1980s Intellivision 2 ;-)

I know a guy who does custom guitar builds. We have 2 options:

1. Key-tar. Which you can kinda do today; just attach a strap to the music synthesizer.

2. True "guitar hero" style, with 5 or 6 buttons wired into the keypad inputs. Actually, almost anyone can build this - just take an existing Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar and wire up an Intellivision controller inside. We'd need extension cables which are trivial to find. In fact this would be a great use for 2 things we have in abundance: broken but semi-functional Inty controllers, and GH/RB guitars (which I can buy for literally a buck at garage sales).

The shipping costs might make it prohibitive, but I may well start on a project like this when I hit up the garage sales this summer. Making a game for it would "only" require some musicians to write some music (or we just commit mass copyright infringement and call it a day).

• Like 1

I know a guy who does custom guitar builds. We have 2 options:

1. Key-tar. Which you can kinda do today; just attach a strap to the music synthesizer.

2. True "guitar hero" style, with 5 or 6 buttons wired into the keypad inputs. Actually, almost anyone can build this - just take an existing Guitar Hero/Rock Band guitar and wire up an Intellivision controller inside. We'd need extension cables which are trivial to find. In fact this would be a great use for 2 things we have in abundance: broken but semi-functional Inty controllers, and GH/RB guitars (which I can buy for literally a buck at garage sales).

The shipping costs might make it prohibitive, but I may well start on a project like this when I hit up the garage sales this summer. Making a game for it would "only" require some musicians to write some music (or we just commit mass copyright infringement and call it a day).

If I get some time, I'll throw together something on mspaint ;-) I'd love a guitar shaped controller that matches the Intellivision 2/ECS.

• Like 1

I guess I'm more nostalgic, the games that I always think of are the ones we were promised back in the day but were never released. Games such as Las Vegas Craps, Space Shuttle, Happy Holidays, Star Quest, Galaxian, Joust, Jungle Hunt, Cosmic Avenger, Frenzy, Time Pilot, Moonsweeper, Wing War, and Jedi Arena. I also think it'd be cool to have our own versions of some of the Atari 2600 classics such as Yars' Revenge, Warlords, Pitfall II, Kaboom, Keystone Kapers, and H.E.R.O.

• Like 4