IGNORED

Off Topic :) TI Personal Computer

mantadoc

post-30998-0-51343200-1447366517_thumb.jpgAny of you guys who know :

Is the Texas Instruments Professional Computer with ISA sockets ? , it looks like

It is because of Monitor problems , it was damaged in mail , i was crying for days :)

i need a replacement for the monitor it seems to be special for this computer..

Or maybe another videocard if it ISA slots

Any ideas ???

Uih.... this was hard transport. But this here is only the monitor...

I cannot see any connectors or slots ?.... Maybe there is a hint.

But - NOT knowing - I suppose it is ISA at least, 8 or 16 bit. Also depends on the CPU.

8bit-ISA were Hercules & EGA-Graphic-Cards, iirc, and 16bit i.e. Trident or Tseng ET3000/4000 (what I should have on stock)

Maybe you have more pics ?

http://www.old-computers.com/museum/computer.asp?st=1&c=472

says: NON-IBM-compatible

Maybe another try of TI to loose aah to earn money with a properitary system ? :(

PS: I have original floppydrives for this machine, NOS. 360 KB.

TI-PC P/N 2234298-0001 (YData-580-1354 - 48TPI)

I have 2 of them running in a PEB now, as a test for the 99/4A. No problems so long...

The YD-drives with older firmware (as you know them from/for the 99ers PEB) should NOT run in the TI-PC.

Only the drives with newer firmware run in the TI-PC and PPC (!) If you want to know I can look which firmware it is.

(but this is needed only if you want to run an older 99er-YData-drive in a TI-PC/PPC.

The other way around, as I am testing now, seems to work (TI-PC-drive with newer firmware in the 99er´s PEB)

Edited by schmitzi

yes, seems to bee :)

But the German Telekom MasterBrains are cancelling POTS (analog old telephony), ISDN (digital telephony), and DSL (Internet)

here in Germany in 2017..... (and give us IP :( )

So maybe devices like this (and many newer) will not run anymore, or run only with high efforts.....

Maybe I can buy 2 of them, and make a connection by 2-wire from the attic to the basement.... :)

yup, that was it what I meant whis "efforts" :(

Maybe the UDS-10 would also work. But I think I won´t try it.

Really bad what they are doing here in Germany. Internet in the pampa is running extremely slow,

but instead of doing some investment in that problems (and obeying actual laws which should enforce that !)

they "sell" us new sh*t, with additionaly new problems, for more money&efforts, w/o mitigation on old problems,

while telling us that the proven & working technics suddenly are old sh*t. really this way.

Same way politicians are working here..... but this is nothing total different :(