IGNORED

OMC?

shep

What pisses me off about Thunderbird (please dont take offence, not ment as an attack, just being honest), is the superior attitude he has, or seems to have. Also there have been several times I've seen people ask questions like "I've just bought P:SE, how do I use the BJL loader" only to be given a reply that dosnt mention P:SE or BJL and instead talks about BS:G and JUGS, which is totally off topic and shameless promotion.

Sometimes I have to take a step back and realise TBird isnt such a bad guy after all, and that anyone developing for the Jag needs all the support we can give them. Im sorry for the times I've been hostile to you TBird, and I shall try not to be in the future, but you must admit you do make yourself a bit of a target with some of the things you post.

Hi !

I thought the source was out there for anyone to work on it.  Did James have some deal with the original publisher so that no one else could work on it?  Would be cool if he shared what he did with all of us.  Disappointing....

I recall someone out there was asking about using the source and that's when James came on and said that he was the only person who had permission to do so, etc. Someone would have to ask Duranik if this is true, but I think I recall James saying nobody else could work on it, only him.

Back in 2000 when I was doing the JDC CD, I first got in contact with Duranik and they offered me the source code of native to publish it on my CDs and also on my website (although it's not on my site anymore, now it's only available on my CD).

However Duranik said that ANYBODY can do ANYTHING with the code.

Nobody except Duranik has any right to the code and nobody except them has a right to say what may or may not be done with it.

And as it is right now: The is available on my CD and everybody who wants to can work with it.

Regards, Lars.

Hello!

Hi !

I thought the source was out there for anyone to work on it.  Did James have some deal with the original publisher so that no one else could work on it?  Would be cool if he shared what he did with all of us.  Disappointing....

I recall someone out there was asking about using the source and that's when James came on and said that he was the only person who had permission to do so, etc. Someone would have to ask Duranik if this is true, but I think I recall James saying nobody else could work on it, only him.

Back in 2000 when I was doing the JDC CD, I first got in contact with Duranik and they offered me the source code of native to publish it on my CDs and also on my website (although it's not on my site anymore, now it's only available on my CD).

However Duranik said that ANYBODY can do ANYTHING with the code.

Nobody except Duranik has any right to the code and nobody except them has a right to say what may or may not be done with it.

And as it is right now: The is available on my CD and everybody who wants to can work with it.

Regards, Lars.

Perhaps that what James had asked for was just the usual gentlemen's agreement between developers? That if someone starts to work seriously with something nobody should compete with this (which is ok for me as long as it ends good)?

Matthias

Hello!

Perhaps that what James had asked for was just the usual gentlemen's agreement between developers? That if someone starts to work seriously with something nobody should compete with this (which is ok for me as long as it ends good)?

That's not how I recall it. What happened was James started talking about how he was going to improve the game and someone else said they were interested in doing something with the code as well and James launched into a very harsh message to him saying that nobody could touch native because he had the exclusive rights to it.

Has anyone talked to James since he decided to quit?  I wouldn't think he'd have a say so in who works on Native now.

I guess he never really had a say in it anyways based on what I'm reading. Interesting.... I still would have loved to see what he did with it. Hopefully someone else will take it up and do something with it... Who knows???? :ponder:

Yeah...Native has some awesome 2d graphics for sure....btw...a few days back while playing it...I believe I found a cheat for it...See...I keep dying before the end of the level..so I was messin around and accidentally got stuck at the bottom of the screen and then my ship was pushed through the down ino the graphics at the bottom of the screen...so I just held down diaganal down-right and the screen kept moving and enemies were shooting away and I wasn't getting hit, so I got much further in the level than I had ever gotten and saw some awesome enemies I hadn't seen before..Don't know If anybody else has experienced this cheat. I did finally die before reaching any kind of boss though...anyways...it would be very cool if someone finished this game up...

Hi!

Hello!

That's not how I recall it. What happened was James started talking about how he was going to improve the game and someone else said they were interested in doing something with the code as well and James launched into a very harsh message to him saying that nobody could touch native because he had the exclusive rights to it.

I do have a problem with discussions liek this:

We talk _about_ people, instead to talk _with_ them.

(And i know i tend to do this too)

Till now neither James jumped in to clearify it, nor did the person(s) which were contacted by him to stop working on Native or have the sourcecode online. Woudn't it help to have at least one side telling us their story?

Matthias

PS: The Native-source code is available in the files-section of the Jaguar Homebrew-Yahoogroup.

Archived