IGNORED

Super Star Wars (SNES)

cimerians

I bought it, its expensive but I can't help but support emulated classics on any platform. Its got trophy support as well as the following emulation options:

Border - x2, x3, Fill.

Filter - scanlines, smoothing, crisp

Save states

https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/games/super-star-wars/cid=UP1082-CUSA03292_00-SUPERSTARWARS001

You can change the difficulty too but with save states maybe I'll beat this game for once. Never did on the SNES.

I found the default settings perfect and it looks great with scanlines turned on.

The controls are surprisingly great, even better than the original SNES gamepad. It just feels very good with the DS4 D-pad.

Hope they emulate more old games but would love for them to be cheaper than this. I wonder who did the emulation for this, its spot on.

• Like 1

I wonder who did the emulation for this, its spot on.

Code Mystics

Hopefully the two sequels follow this one out at the very least, since it seems a shame to not take full advantage of this emulator to finish the trilogy.

There's also some PS2 Star Wars titles coming, although the specifics are unknown at this time beyond the titles themselves. No word yet on if they're going to be remastered, if they'll include Vita versions like this one does, if they're part of the frequently rumored addition of PS2 compatibility by Sony, if they'll be rendered in HD if it's emulation, etc.

Edited by Atariboy

I could finish Super Star Wars pretty regularly.. the game could be tough but it was still very beatable leading up to the cool Death Star part. I can't say the same for the 2 followups. I found those to be very frustrating. Just saying. Cool though they ported SNES emulation to PSN.. who'da saw that coming?

It was converted by Code Mystics, which was Backbone Entertainment, which was Digital Eclipse. They know retro. I assume they're doing the other two games eventually. I'd love to see the old arcade games as well someday.

Bounty Hunter, Starfighter, Racer Revenge, and Revenge of the Sith are ps2 games remade for PS3. I wonder if they'll require another purchase to work on ps4?

I'm happy they're bringing back Jedi Starfighter as well. That was a fun little game and there was never a PC version, so it's been a while since I've played it.

No, Code Mystics is an independent company. Jeff Vavasour will hopefully hop in and set us straight, but I believe he has explained on this forum that he formed Code Mystics back 6 or 7 years ago, after leaving Foundation 9 several years earlier when they closed down the Digital Eclipse studio in Vancouver.

Ironically, the remnants over there seem to have been getting back into classic gaming emulation in a big way after just occasional projects in recent years like the X-Men and Simpsons arcade conversions for the PS3/360 and Midway Arcade Origins. The Digital Eclipse name has even returned recently and from how they talk, it appears like they hope that Mega Man Legacy Collection is just the beginning of this rebirth and that they will again concentrate on this area.

http://www.digitaleclipse.com/

Judging by their website, it looks like it's perhaps again independent.

Edited by Atariboy
  • Like 1

Yeah I was impressed with the emulation. I just read this:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2015-hands-on-with-ps4-playstation2-emulation

Seems the PS2 games will be better to play through the PS4's emulation than an actual PS2.

The only bad thing is you probably won't be able to stick a PS2 disc in and play, they'll probably sell the game as they always have.

"It's still early days in our analysis, but first impressions suggest that the emulator resolves a native resolution of 1292x896."

Tearing is also gone.

Gran Turismo would really be cool as mentioned cause my favorites were on the PS2.

I could finish Super Star Wars pretty regularly.. the game could be tough but it was still very beatable leading up to the cool Death Star part. I can't say the same for the 2 followups. I found those to be very frustrating. Just saying. Cool though they ported SNES emulation to PSN.. who'da saw that coming?

Really, always thought SROTJ was simple compared to the other two.

• 4 weeks later...