IGNORED

Loadstar archive on-line

RobertB

Dave Moorman, last editor of Loadstar - the monthly Commodore disk magazine, has made available a number of issues on-line, ready to download as .D81's. Each .D81 is packed with commentary, graphics, and programs. The disks start from issue 170 and continue through the Dave Moorman years with issues 200 to the last issue 250. That's from 1998 to 2008. Go to

FCUG celebrating 34 years this month,

Robert Bernardo

Fresno Commodore User Group

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...

Awesome. Thank you for the link, Robert. I was just looking for Loadstar articles a couple of weeks ago, and disappointed that they didn't seem to have a current online presence. I've learned so much from their programming tips over the years that even familiar texts are worth re-reading. Add every post ever written by Carlsson and TMR and you've got an expert C64 tutorial!

The heads-up is appreciated. Thanks again.

• 2 months later...

All 42 issues of Loadstar 128 and more are available on the Loadstar Compleat CD sold by Fender Tucker. Go to

http://www.ramblehouse.com/loadstarcompleat.htm

Truly,

Robert Bernardo

http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

Many thanks. Don't know why I couldn't find this, but this helps me a lot.

• 1 month later...

Thanks for the links! I have the Loadstar Compleat CD, bought it from Fendor years ago, and now I get the last 50 issues that weren't on the CD. I loved Loadstar as a kid and looked forward to it coming in the mail each month. Even though I mostly wanted just the articles and games it was great for years. I even had some letters published and some free issues awarded due to contests.

• Like 1

Oh, in which issues were your letters published?

Riding the San Joaquin train through California,

Robert Bernardo

http://www.dickestel.com/fcug.htm

Oh boy....no idea. :) I'd have to go in and find them. I DO know I used my real name, Greg Polander, and the town I lived in at the time was Amherst NH.

They were published in the 'Letters to the Editor' section of Loadstar.

I recall one was me complaining for more games (hey, I was 10 at the time!) and another one was mentioning a problem that happened with several issues with some of the music that didn't play correctly (and it was tracked down to a bug in their disk manufacturing issue).

Also there was a contest one time where some pictures were shown and you wrote in with the best caption for it. Mine was picked for three of the images (there were other captions for each image, of course) and got some free issues as a reward.

• Like 2