IGNORED

flex buffers

Opry99er

Be very very careful when desoldering. My advice would be to cut the old chips out. Then, turn the board over, and, from the solder side, apply heat with the iron, melt the solder, and pull the pin out from the component side.

When you've done that, the hole in the board will probably re-flow with solder. No problem, apply heat again, and go in with the solder sucker. Don't use that braid shi*t!

I've always done it this way and never borken a pad/trace. In fact, to remove chips/components, I actually add new solder! I re-solder the hole, and pull the part out while the solder is hot, then go back in again with the solder sucker and suck the solder out.

• Like 1

You definitely want to have some 244s on hand along with the 245s. Any manufacturer will do, so long as they are 74LS or 74ALS (and 74HCT will also probably work fine). Most of your data lines are going through the 244s, with the control lines going through the 245s.

Other way round. Data goes through the LS245 as it is bidirectional. Address and control lines go through the LS244s as they are unidirectional.