IGNORED

Thanks to Al!

Amityville315

In honor of thanksgiving, I thought I'd put up a post of appreciation of Al and all of his work keeping the Atari "flame" alive!

In the past year or so, I rediscovered the Atari 2600, 5200 and 7800. Being able to come to these forums to get all the info I need has been invaluable in regards to repairs and collecting.

Al does a great job running things and I appreciate his customer service and professionalism with the store as well as moderating this site.

So Al...thanks man. Great job, sir!

• Like 25

Amen! Favorite Atari AND classic gaming website to be sure!

Am thankful and grateful not only for the site, but the friends I've made and continue to make. Homebrew scene, keeping track of homebrew developments and the general sharing of everything and homage paid not only to Atari, but the memories associated with the brand from waaaaaay back when. Really not *that* way back… seems just like yesterday. :lol:

So big thanks Al, for all that you do. And to everyone else that aids in carrying the flame. Every_single_person that bothers to contribute in their own way. Don't always see eye to eye on some topics, but the bottom line is that we're all here. Centralized. Great people. Great software. Great hardware. Great memories. Great future developments that the site always affords us to look forward to. Talk about keeping "it" alive!

Cheers, kudos and love you guys and gals! :love:

• Like 7

Kudos!! What an awesome post and I am truly humble and thankful for what Al has done for us and the community on Atariage. I am so happy and thankful as well for all of the great people I have met here from all over the world and there is too many to name. Sharing my collections, getting to know thousands of other gamers, talking video games old school or present, other off topic things like what you enjoy doing as well as hobbies or interests you like to do other than gaming, competing for high scores to earn bragging rights, etc, etc. I am happy and couldn't be more humble to help contribute to a great website and It deserves every single penny. This site is the best social media site I have ever joined and have been a part of. Everyone is like family to me and am always excited about what is going on especially if there is an infamous thread to brighten my mood ala "Backin89, "Airgames", "Natalie888". Also a giant thanks to all of those that are working hard on making homebrews and reproductions. Thank you Al for what you have done for us retrogamers for 15 years and hope for another awesome 15 more and beyond.

• Like 4

I appreciate the kind words, and I'm always glad to hear people are enjoying the site. :)

Without users, though, here in the forums, there would be no community, so you guys are the most important part of the site. And I love seeing all the homebrew activity for the various systems, even the non-Atari systems such as the Intellivision, ColecoVision, and TI-99/4A. I am in awe of some of the feats that have been pulled off on these systems.

Also, a big thanks to the moderators, especially CPUWIZ and Tempest, who certainly help alleviate some of the workload as far as moderating goes.

After I get through the crush of orders due to adding a...few new games to the store yesterday, I will be working through some big improvements to the site:

1) Brand new store software (this has been a long time coming).

2) Upgrading the forums to a significant new version. You guys can start panicking now.

3) As part of #2, implementing the "Downloads" section, where homebrews, hacks, and other files can be more easily managed in a central location. The downloads module supports file versioning, which will be perfect for games in development (all the development versions of a game in one place!)

4) After the forum improvements are finished, will be doing significant work on the main site, which is long overdue. This will include adding some new systems to the database as well. :)

Okay, must get back to the cart mines..

..Al

• Like 16

Albert sure has you fooled. Almost everything is done by 48 large mutant cats that have human-like fingers and opposable thumbs. Albert discovered a "secret sauce" back in '89 when he worked at Area 51 for a few months that raises the IQ and transforms the body of any small animal into a larger humanoid shape. When the mutant cats aren't working on the AtariAge store assembly line, they like to do crossword puzzles and needlepoint.

• Like 3

Albert sure has you fooled. Almost everything is done by 48 large mutant cats that have human-like fingers and opposable thumbs. Albert discovered a "secret sauce" back in '89 when he worked at Area 51 for a few months that raises the IQ and transforms the body of any small animal into a larger humanoid shape. When the mutant cats aren't working on the AtariAge store assembly line, they like to do crossword puzzles and needlepoint.

This was to be our secret.

• Like 6

Agreed; I followed Albert here from the 2600 Nexus around the turn of the century, because I'm apparently creepy that way. Seriously, he's been continually working on AA and keeping it going on his own dime (an aspect that he's too classy to mention...but I'm not!) for fifteen years. To use an often misapplied word, it's become an outright mecca for those who are into nearly any game platform, even given the focus on Atari. I think we should all pitch in and get him a 49th mutant cat.

• Like 2

I don't know how he does it, year after year, game after game, event after event. I wish I had half his dedication and energy!

Thanks, Albert!

I'll also give a shout-out to the mods. Moderating any forum, even one as generally friendly as AtariAge, is no easy task. I know I've had my disagreements with mods in the past, but every last one still has my respect and gratitude for keeping at it and doing a damn good job. Thank you too!

• Like 1

Please subscribe now or be liquidated!

:P

Albert will renew my subscription when it expires on December 1st if enough people buy a copy of Seaweed Assault with its new low price before then. If nobody buys a copy, Albert will ban me and delete all of my posts. :_(

Albert probably won't ban me and delete all of my posts, but the first part is true. Seaweed Assault will pay for my subscription if enough people will buy a copy before December 1st.

7301cover_l.jpg

• Like 1

Albert will renew my subscription when it expires on December 1st if enough people buy a copy of Seaweed Assault with its new low price before then. If nobody buys a copy, Albert will ban me and delete all of my posts. :_(

Some of us actually have access to a "Nuke it from orbit button", if I clicked that on your profile, all your 26000+ posts would disappear and you would be banned.

• Like 1

I only happened upon this site a few months ago, but I am very glad that I did! I'm lacking anyone in the real world who shares my interest in Pre-NES gaming. My fiancé's family gave me their old intellivison when it was found in the attic a few years back. After getting my setup changed around to accommodate it, I took the opportunity to get an Atari to play the games I'd had sitting in the closet since freshman year- so over a decade- without ever being able to use them (they were visual aids for a school project.) Problem was, I had really no idea what games to own for the systems aside from these old dusty bin-dwellers, so they sat on a shelf not getting used. That is no longer an issue! I've spent more time with these systems in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years thanks to the suggestions people have made on this site. Plus, I don't have to ignore any part of my collection... old, new, or just plain obscure, someone here will chat with me about it. There's threads for the frickin' Fairchild Channel F here! Do you know what everyone not on this site said to me when I proudly told them I found a Fairchild? "What's a Channel F?"

It's nice to be able to gush about old lines and blips, without having to explain what's so cool about old lines and blips. AtariAge Forever!

Edited by HoshiChiri
  • Like 1