IGNORED

Slightly rare and bilingual games for sale

Steve Jones

COMPUCENTRE! I bought my Atari Lynx there. And it was the first place I ever saw a Neo Geo (same night, in fact).

In fact I think I actually remember seeing the last of the Intv Corp stuff there in discount bins, thinking "who the sweet christ is buying games for a 12 year old game console???". If only I could talk to my younger self...

• Like 1

I see they are slightly rare, but what is slightly bilingual? Is it like Spanglish? Englinese? Swahinglishian? Engrish?

You jest, but we often see this very concept in Canada. Where only *some* of a product is translated, but the rest remains English. Heck, the games and overlays were never translated, to the best of my knowledge.

It's less common these days, but you still see it. They'll translate the legally required things (ingredients list, nutrition info), but the rest of the package is English-only.

• Like 1

Yes even with these games, some they translated the game title and others they didn't bother, you have to look very closely to see that they are the bilingual versions.

What is french for Snafu or Tron anyway?

Though to be honest the word "slightly" referred only

to "slightly rare" games in the other picture, not the

bilingual ones, guess I should have done two separate posts ;)

Thanks cmart but to be fair, as you know, the digiplay boxes tend to be pretty beat up, they didn't seem to last as well as the mattel versions.

Also the brazilian real (currency) is pretty low right now so I got these at a decent price.

And postage from Canada these days is sadly quite expensive, for example I just sent 4 of these to Italy, postage was $40.

I think a low price is the only way I'll clear these out, and they are all extras picked up in various lots, that I just want to unload.

So $10 each but buyer pays actual postage, I think that's a good deal.

Thanks cmart but to be fair, as you know, the digiplay boxes tend to be pretty beat up, they didn't seem to last as well as the mattel versions.

Also the brazilian real (currency) is pretty low right now so I got these at a decent price.

And postage from Canada these days is sadly quite expensive, for example I just sent 4 of these to Italy, postage was $40.

I think a low price is the only way I'll clear these out, and they are all extras picked up in various lots, that I just want to unload.

So $10 each but buyer pays actual postage, I think that's a good deal.

Yah I swear the humidity affected those Brazilian boxes. So hard to find ones that aren't trashed. Awesome of you to offer them up at that price and again people, buy these damn things! :)