IGNORED

BIN on a COCO 3

juice2839

Is it me or are COCO 3's ridiculously high priced compared to other vintage computers? I had a coco 3 years ago, but started on the coco 2. I have been keeping an eye out for a decent priced 3 with no luck, until last night. I managed to catch this one when it first went up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201477950136?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not an amazing price, but if it just needs a little work it'll be a lot less then the average price they go for. Now I need to investigate os-9 . I have disk drives already for my coco2.

Is it me or are COCO 3's ridiculously high priced compared to other vintage computers? I had a coco 3 years ago, but started on the coco 2. I have been keeping an eye out for a decent priced 3 with no luck, until last night. I managed to catch this one when it first went up.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/201477950136?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Not an amazing price, but if it just needs a little work it'll be a lot less then the average price they go for. Now I need to investigate os-9 . I have disk drives already for my coco2.

I got a CoCo 3 a couple years ago with a Lot of Apple ][ stuff, from a friend of mine... I kept the CoCo 3, because it had the Motorola 6809 Processor, even though I have never been into TRS computers before.. I have been an Apple ][ users since JAN-1982..

In following the CoCo Computer, the CoCo 3s have been Very Expensive in the last 6-12 months... All CoCo collectors and users have been complaining about it..

I have photos of my CoCo 3 and first CoCo 2, ( 64K Extended BASIC with the new Video Chip with Lower Case ) here on AtariAge.. Recently I added another CoCo 2, ( 16K Standard BASIC ) and a 4K CoCo 1 to my CoCo Collection.

MarkO

I got a CoCo 3 a couple years ago with a Lot of Apple ][ stuff, from a friend of mine... I kept the CoCo 3, because it had the Motorola 6809 Processor, even though I have never been into TRS computers before.. I have been an Apple ][ users since JAN-1982..

In following the CoCo Computer, the CoCo 3s have been Very Expensive in the last 6-12 months... All CoCo collectors and users have been complaining about it..

I have photos of my CoCo 3 and first CoCo 2, ( 64K Extended BASIC with the new Video Chip with Lower Case ) here on AtariAge.. Recently I added another CoCo 2, ( 16K Standard BASIC ) and a 4K CoCo 1 to my CoCo Collection.

MarkO

Nice collection MarkO

Nice collection MarkO

Thanks... I am very new to the CoCo Computers, but the 6809/6309 is a fantastic chip at the Machine Level...

The CoCo 1 was a very nice Bonus.. I just opened it up a couple days ago.. Very Clean inside..

I just got a Second MPI recently, and it appears its been modified for the CoCo 3.. My original MPI is only going to work with the CoCo 1 and CoCo 2.

A year ago I got a couple CoCo SDC Carts, so I am on my CoCo Computing Way... ;)

Are you a member of the Facebook Group, "TRS-80 / Color Computer"???

MarkO

It seems all CoCos have about doubled in price in the last few years.

I think my CoCo 3 was actually $25 but I purchased it before ebay.

I think that the CoCo were rare enough, compared to the Commodores and Ataris that people are starting to want to use them again.. That pushes up the demand... And the Prices..

I place Apples in their own category, because Apple is still making computers today, and the "path" that Steve Jobs left is still present.. ( I don't say that as an Apple ][ Owner and Fan, I say that because Apple is the Non-IBM and the Rebels "still want to believe" in something )

You got your CoCo 3 when no one wanted them anymore... As I have mentioned before, I got my CoCo 3 with a bunch of Apple ][ "stuff".. I am very glad I did... CoCos have been a very cool addition to my Classic Computer collecting...

MarkO

You said it, when you can't find something very easily that's when the price goes up.. They made a far share of coco 2's I think. Those still seem fairly easy to acquire. The multipack and speech synthesizer seem to be hard to get a hold of though. Both of which I had at one point.... long ago.

• 3 weeks later...

I must have gotten a great deal on my CoCo 3. CIB and in beautiful condition for around $50 at a convention a couple years ago. Came with a bunch of manuals and books, too. (Apparently there was another guy who was going to buy it but forgot his wallet in his car or something, and the seller sold it to me while he went to get it. Whoops...)

I must have gotten a great deal on my CoCo 3. CIB and in beautiful condition for around $50 at a convention a couple years ago. Came with a bunch of manuals and books, too. (Apparently there was another guy who was going to buy it but forgot his wallet in his car or something, and the seller sold it to me while he went to get it. Whoops...)

DAMN IT THAT WAS YOU!!!! LOL no but that was a great deal you got. I see them go on Ebay CIB for $150 or more.