IGNORED

It starts.....

Opry99er

So, I have this one local game shop that I love. The folks who work there are magnificent and are always fair and kind to my son and me when we come in to shop for Atari 2600 games, NES games, etc.

Anyway, playing Christmas Carol lately had me sitting here with an insane desire to get an Intellivision, and I remembered seeing one sitting in the back on a shelf. I remembered it to be a Sears model, which several folks on the eBay thread mentioned was a positive thing. We went by there yesterday (my wife and I) and looked at some things, and I showed her the console. She is NOT into vintage gaming or (really) gaming of any kind. I pointed it out to her, she shrugged her shoulders and we left... as I knew we really didn't have extra cash right now with the Holidays upon us.

Fast Forward to today. We're driving through town--- she just kind of looks over at me and says "Merry Christmas."

???

Long story short, she forced me to drive to the game store and buy the stuff I wanted. I pretty much work, she stays home with the kids, and SHE does the budgeting. She told me she maneuvered some stuff around so that I could get the Intellivision I wanted. :) Merry Christmas, indeed!

Anyway, without further adieu...

20151206_185247_zpsnc1pvweu.jpg

20151206_192626_zpsb6ccufkj.jpg

20151206_185425_zpshrwf6env.jpg

20151206_185451_zpsmodkmzs9.jpg

20151206_192702_zpsdo1ea0pt.jpg

20151206_193126_zpsmvzauhta.jpg

20151206_193151_zpsxoyf620p.jpg

Matching serial numbers on the box and console, a bonus.

All the games I got are boxed with manuals and overlays (except Burgertime which is cart and box only and Armor Battle which is cart only)

Made out like a bandit. Also got this as 'part of the package', although not Intv related.

20151206_185709_zps0mscvmet.jpg

About as perfect an Atari specimen as you could hope to find... boxed with all original docs.

A freakin' fantastic day!!!!

One catch, the system does not have an AV cable.... I noticed this in the store, so the lady there gave me the entire lot with all the games and everything for.........wait for it.........

$40.00 USD cash on the barrel head. :)

So, needless to say, I need an AV cable.

• Like 9

Jackpot! :-o

Very nice score you've made there. Congratulations on that beautiful (boxed!) Sears console.. welcome to the club. :-)

It looks to be really clean, in excellent original shape too. I wish mine looked that good! Can't believe it had the box with it too for that price, you made out like a bandit... indeed an awesome Christmas present for yourself. Welcome to the world of Intellivision, hope you enjoy it. :)

Edited by SiLic0ne t0aD85
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. :)

It is a beauty, for sure.

Nice find and great price. I think the last CIB Sears console I saw on eBay went for almost double that. Regarding the AV cable, do you mean the coaxial box? If so, you can grab a cheap small adapter for like $3.

It has a single RCA-type jack on the back. I am assuming it takes a basic RF box to coax?

Thanks for all the kind words, folks. :)

It is a beauty, for sure.

It has a single RCA-type jack on the back. I am assuming it takes a basic RF box to coax?

best thing to do is buy a male rca to female coax adapter ($3 at most) and use a coax cable. No crappy switchbox needed. Sweet system you got. If you want it super minty get a mr clean magic eraser. With it slightly damp very lightly scrub all the white avoiding the gold, wood and brown. You got that for a super hell of a steal.

post-30773-0-68434300-1449466684_thumb.jpeg

• Like 1

best thing to do is buy a male rca to female coax adapter ($3 at most) and use a coax cable. No crappy switchbox needed. .

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Hadn't thought of going that direction with it. :) Thanks for the tip! I use an 'F' connector on my 4 switch woody, but was wondering what type of RCA cable to get in order to use one of these. Your solution seems like it would work as well. My question is, how does the console or tv set split the audio and video? Would any old male RCA plug work?

Hadn't thought of going that direction with it. :) Thanks for the tip! I use an 'F' connector on my 4 switch woody, but was wondering what type of RCA cable to get in order to use one of these. Your solution seems like it would work as well. My question is, how does the console or tv set split the audio and video? Would any old male RCA plug work?

I use the same connector for both Intellivision and Atari 2600. I think it's an F female to coaxial male.

It looks like this one, but you should be able to find one cheaper:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3910269568581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=391026956858&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

Edited by JasonlikesINTV

I use the same connector for both Intellivision and Atari 2600. I think it's an F female to coaxial male.

It looks like this one, but you should be able to find one cheaper:

eBay Auction -- Item Number: 3910269568581?ff3=2&pub=5574883395&toolid=10001&campid=5336500554&customid=&item=391026956858&mpt=[CACHEBUSTER]

thats opposite of the one i am telling him to get. With the one i posted he can just use a standard coax cable you use on cable television instead of trying to find an rf cable.

no you cant use any rca cable. It needs to be rf shielded. Thats why i recommend a standard coax cable that you use on cable and satellite tv. You screw one end of the coax cable into the rf on your tv. The other end screws into the adapter which then plugs right into your intellivision. Pm me if you want me to mail an extra adapter i have to you. Edited by pimpmaul69

no you cant use any rca cable. It needs to be rf shielded. Thats why i recommend a standard coax cable that you use on cable and satellite tv. You screw one end of the coax cable into the rf on your tv. The other end screws into the adapter which then plugs right into your intellivision. Pm me if you want me to mail an extra adapter i have to you.

Thanks for the offer!! Im going to run to Radio Shack in the AM to see if (behind their racks of cell phones and cell phone accessories) they might have one of these. :)

If not, we may chat about that adapter. :)

Thanks bud.

Thanks for the offer!! Im going to run to Radio Shack in the AM to see if (behind their racks of cell phones and cell phone accessories) they might have one of these. :)

If not, we may chat about that adapter. :)

Thanks bud.

thats where i bought mine. The radio shacks around here dont have crap anymore as theyre changing into sprint stores.