IGNORED

Espial, a new reproduction player

Atari8bitCarts

Might be old news but ran across this on eBay. Though an auction (for auction central), I was more concerned that people are going to the trouble of creating reproductions with boxes, etc. That to me is more of an investment for someone, than just knocking off a cart. And years from now will be sold (even though this looks physically different) as some sort of mfg prototype or alternative production copy.

Puerto La Cruz, ANZOATEGUI, Venezuela

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-2600-ESPIAL-VIDEO-GAME-CARTRIDGE-NTSC-/321947672494?

I'm seeing many 2600 carts repro'd, i.e. Chainsaw massacre, river patrol, music machine, etc.

I guess I don't understand the problem. It's not being misrepresented, is it?

The bad guy would be the person who bought it and then sold it claiming it was original...

I occasionally sell double enders with TCM/Halloween on Ebay. Even selling them clearly listed as reproductions, I get my auctions sometimes booted. I don't really have a problem with it if it can be easily determined that it is a fake and is listed as so. I just find it hard to believe he has sold them for so long when I get suspension threats trying to sell 2 or three of a game that was never even produced commercially.

Might be old news but ran across this on eBay. Though an auction (for auction central), I was more concerned that people are going to the trouble of creating reproductions with boxes, etc. That to me is more of an investment for someone, than just knocking off a cart. And years from now will be sold (even though this looks physically different) as some sort of mfg prototype or alternative production copy.

Puerto La Cruz, ANZOATEGUI, Venezuela

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ATARI-2600-ESPIAL-VIDEO-GAME-CARTRIDGE-NTSC-/321947672494?

I'm seeing many 2600 carts repro'd, i.e. Chainsaw massacre, river patrol, music machine, etc.

Looks like reseller Angie and Ted bought this.