IGNORED

CP/M and Adamlink modem

Milli V

Great information...and I was OK until I got to the building of the simulated phone line and then it became "I have no clue how to build anything like this."

I have detailed on my blog how to direct connect the Adam to a PC via a simulated phone cable and how to modify PIP so that you can send and receive text files via the Adam link modem for those of you who are interested

http://smartbasic.net/

If it has the word "solder" in it...I'm out...

I use to connect my ADAM and Atari 800xl together using a real phone line and their respective modems. Had them plugged into the same phone jack with a splitter and it worked quite well even with the dial tone going in the background. I tried it recently though and couldn't get a connection. I'm not sure if the technology has changed to the point where ADAMLink can't be used on a modern phone line, or if my modem has died. It still acts like it will dial out or try to connect. I tried calling some of the few remaining BBS' I know of with both modems and could connect with the Atari 300/1200 modem, but could not connect to the same BBS with ADAMLink.

It is very easy - I'm going to write up a detail on how and parts - cost less than 10 to do it

Pretty impressive. Congrats on getting everything figured out and working.

A lot of the programs that you mentioned (VDE, WordStar, numerous programming languages, VisiCalc, etc.) are already available in ADAM CP/M format and available in the software archive on Joe B's website. It should be a big time saver to check them all out using an emulator to see what you want to transfer over to the Adam.

Word to wise, CP/M is very I/O intensive on the Data Drives, so if you can't get lucky and acquire an Adam disk drive, I would definetely consider the Microfox IDE Interface/CF Card package as a possible purchase. The added benefit is all the included software pre-installed on it as well as the tremendous speed.

Another item to look into would be Adamserve by Dr. D. This program allows the Adam to take control of PC drives through a Serial Interface... available through Adamcon or you can convert an Adamlink modem into a Serial Interface.... article in one of the NIAD newsletters.

Word to wise, CP/M is very I/O intensive on the Data Drives, so if you can't get lucky and acquire an Adam disk drive, I would definetely consider the Microfox IDE Interface/CF Card package as a possible purchase. The added benefit is all the included software pre-installed on it as well as the tremendous speed.

I am in the process of possibly acquiring a large collection of adams, disc drives, software etc from a former collector - if so will be happy as h3ll!

• Like 1