IGNORED

Nano-PEB / Uber Cart Support

Omega-TI

Okay, I think I'm gonna come up with "snake eyes" or "No Joy" on this, but I have to ask...

Here is the situation. I gave a TI away last year with a couple of cartridges. Anyway the kid was somehow able to scrimp and save and somehow managed to obtain a used Nano-PEB.

The problem is, he has no way to move new goodies onto the CF card. He does not have access to a PC, so even if he had a CF card reader, he would have no way to use it, so CFHDX is obviously out of the equation as well.

I was wondering about using an Uber Cart as a vector for moving individual files/software over. Would it be possible to turn an Uber Cart into a temporary storage device that could be used to copy something into a Nano later?

Why don't you just fill up a CF card for those back and forth moves?

:idea: Buy another CF copy the contents for safety then add in more content, problem solved.

He needs a backup anyway. As is known to most of us from experience, it's not that hard to trash the CF card when it is installed in the nanoPEB.

...lee

I agree, but the kids parents are kinda weird. They have no Internet, no TV, and the kids are home-schooled. I only see the guy on a semi-monthly basis when he comes though town on business.

He needs a backup anyway. As is known to most of us from experience, it's not that hard to trash the CF card when it is installed in the nanoPEB.

True, but that's not exactly practical considering the odd situation, and like I said, I don't plan to be responsible for it, because I know how easy it is to FUBAR a Nano's CF card. Oh well, this kids on his own!

Does Fred have a utility that works with the nanoPEB to transfer files via HDX? If the kid/father has a PC with a serial port, that might be a 'simpler' solution to backing up and transferring files, without the need to remove the CF card from the nano.

It's an odd situation here, stuff we take for granted like a PC in the house or even a land-line phone are non-existent in this case. At the present time the kid has no way to transfer or backup anything, which is why I was thinking of the cartridge route.

The only reason the kid was allowed to have the TI was because of it's educational aspects/cartridges... (Home schooled)/ I've decided to send along one of my spare CF cards (with some goodies on it) next time I see his Dad.

Yes, TI99HDX, DM2K and CFHDXS1

I doubt I could get along without Ti99Dir and DM2K myself. When you think about it, the stuff we take for granted because of Fred's tools is amazing. Can you imagine being a kid with a TI and no direct contact with other TI'ers via phone or Internet? Without a PC the kid does not even have a way to transfer a program from one CF card to another. THAT truly sucks!

• Like 1