IGNORED

Altirra 2.70 released

phaeron

Probably talking out of my *** but how difficult would it be to add an option for loading individual Turbo-BASIC files directly?

Are there plans to support the Chalk Board PowerPad?

TurboBASIC XL is tricky because it isn't built into the computer, so it has to be loaded somehow. That somehow can change -- for instance, I've seen combo disks that had a menu asking which version to load. Thus, it isn't straightforward for the emulator to trigger the actual load. The way that Altirra currently manages BASIC program loads is that it hijacks the CIOV entry point and uses it to intercept E: first, then injects a run command with a dummy filename and intercepts the open. That would probably work with TBXL as well, but the emulator still wouldn't know now to launch TBXL.

As for the PowerPad, I know very little about it. From what I've been able to gather, it's a large tablet with a 10x10 matrix and a serial interface on the joystick port. The programming kit seems to be hard to find, though.

Just spent the morning searching for the Powerpad kit and had no luck, I found references to the company who made it and they are now gone, also found the company Abledata.com who are still around and supplied the kit but the last update on there for the kit was over 15yrs ago and its classed as discontinued. There was a usenet post saying that the author would gladly ship the kit at cost of shipping but again all links to that are now dead..

I suppose the only way would be if someone sent you a pad and you disassembled one of the dumps of programs that used it which are out there (well I've got 5 rom dumps)..

Sounds a lot of time consuming work though..

Not sure if I reported this before?

I've got system set to 400/800, attached BASIC as Special cart (not shown in the status as attached) and booted disk, all fine, double click or drop on another disk (also basic) and it seems basic has been detached.

Racking my brains if this has been mentioned by me before, seems familiar.

As you don't see basic in the status bar in 400/800 mode you don't know its no longer attached which leads to the question, is it meant to detach on reboot?

Kick me if you have answered this before Avery?

Edited by Mclaneinc

The PCL server in the Altirra does not seem to implement the seek operation for directories. A TBXL program like this:

10 OPEN #1,$14,0,"DPCL:"
15 POINT #1,0,0
20 BGET #1,$0600,23
25 CLOSE

aborts with error 166 in line 15, whereas on a "real" server it works.

It also seems that there is a bug in the rename function. It returns status 170 instead of 1 after a success:

post-6049-0-86592900-1462035194_thumb.png

Edited by drac030

Update:
http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.80-test33.zip
http://www.virtualdub.org/beta/Altirra-2.80-test33-src.zip

• PCLink fixes. Renaming should now return the correct status code and directories should be readable as byte streams instead of just FFIRST/FNEXT.
  • CHS translation fixes for IDE emulation. IDE devices are now always reset when reconfigured and head/spt for CHS translation are now also constrained.

This version also contains preliminary support for custom display shaders. This will only work with Direct3D 9 (default). You'll need d3dcompiler_47.dll for direct compilation from .fx shaders to work, or otherwise precompiled -d3d9.vsh/psh shaders are required. This DLL is in-box for Windows 8.1 and 10, but needs to be installed from the DirectX Web Installer otherwise (watch out for the Bing Bar!). A couple of sample shaders are attached. I tried to implement the RetroArch shader spec but ran into some problems, the most notable one that HLSL doesn't support texture/sampler references in structs or varying parameters being passed from vertex to fragment programs without an explicit TEXCOORD semantic. The spec has also since evolved to support stuff that I really can't support, such as Python callbacks. Not sure if I'll stick with this or try to evolve it in a different direction. In the meantime, though, it's available to play with.

Some more details:

• The .cgp file is selected from the Display Effect page Options dialog. It is a profile-enabled setting and can be localized to profiles with the other view settings.
  • There is a hidden command called View.EffectReload to reparse and reload the effect + shaders. It is not in the menu, but can be bound to a shortcut.
  • The display engine will automatically compile the vertex and pixel shaders from the shader file if d3dcompiler_47 is available. Otherwise, it will attempt to load the precompiled shader files. Compile errors will be displayed in red at the bottom.
  • Vertex and pixel shaders are currently always compiled for shader model 2.
  • modelViewProj is always an identity matrix. Model space is unfortunately not specified in the spec. This also makes it unclear how D3D9's half pixel offset is handled. :(

Bicubic filtering support has also been removed for fixed-function shading. It had gotten broken again at some point and I decided just to remove it. It's not like a GeForce 2 or a Radeon 7000 runs particularly great with 5-9 full screen multitextured passes anyway.

I've got system set to 400/800, attached BASIC as Special cart (not shown in the status as attached) and booted disk, all fine, double click or drop on another disk (also basic) and it seems basic has been detached.

Racking my brains if this has been mentioned by me before, seems familiar.

As you don't see basic in the status bar in 400/800 mode you don't know its no longer attached which leads to the question, is it meant to detach on reboot?

The emulator treats the BASIC cart like any other cart in 400/800 mode after it's been attached, so it gets detached if you use Boot Image. For now, use Open Image to get around this.

• Like 2

Thank You, Avery !

work fine and Excellent !

if you do the same effects as in the emulator "Stella" - it would be fantastic.

hmmm ...
one problem.
I can choose Shaders .
but how to turn them off?
add button "enable / disable".

hmmm ...

one problem.

I can choose Shaders .

but how to turn them off?

add button "enable / disable".

Easiest / only way, just delete the path to the shader file in display effects selection box...

Edited by Mclaneinc