IGNORED

Coleco Oddities, CBS and Controller Question.

Jeremy Popp

Hello all. Can anyone tell me if there is a colecovision game out there that is good for testing the keypad? Basically one game that uses ALL the keys in some way, seems like 9 and 0 are seldom used.

On the subject of controllers, I though you all might be interested in this:

image.jpg

image.jpg

The PCB is green/light green colored, and the wires aren't soldered on like typical controllers. I've never seen one like it.

Also thought this was interesting....

DSC07067.jpg

I picked up this nasty lot from an estate sale, notice the steering wheel says CBS on the box. I read that KB Toys sold CBS stock late in the consoles life cycle, and this must be proof. It still has the KB Toys sticker and was clearanced from $62.99 down to $24.99.

An alternate option is to obtain a copy of the Ken Uston Blackjack/Poker cartridge and use the keypad with it. All the numbers can be used to enter your starting pay in, and if I recall correctly, the game also requires the use of the '*' and '#' keys on the pad to finalize selections.

• Like 1

The Hand Controller PCB that you have pictured is very common. If you open up enough Hand Controllers, you will find it's about 60/40 whether the wires are soldered or alligator clipped.

Ah, thanks, I wasn't sure. I've opened about a dozen and never seen that before. Thanks.

Yeah, sorry. I just assume everyone had an Atarimax SD cart at this point! :P

Nope, not everyone. I'll have to look into it though.

An alternate option is to obtain a copy of the Ken Uston Blackjack/Poker cartridge and use the keypad with it. All the numbers can be used to enter your starting pay in, and if I recall correctly, the game also requires the use of the '*' and '#' keys on the pad to finalize selections.

Sounds like what I'm looking for, and cheap too! Thanks.