IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Am I the only one doubting the Kickstarter will actually be this Friday?

Same here. I think they're scrambling and trying not to show it publicly. That's what I read from their sudden silence. Something's not right behind the curtain.

I still hope they do launch on Friday, I'm tired of waiting. If it doesn't, I'd at least like to know what really is going on behind the scenes and how far they made it in development. In other words- I'd like to hear some news from a source other than Mike so it might actually contain a grain of truth. Hopefully someone from the inside will defect and spill the details.

Edited by StopDrop&Retro
  • Like 5

Am I the only one doubting the Kickstarter will actually be this Friday?

They'll put the Kickstarter up with some board playing something and they'll say it's their prototype with more Features to come.

Or they'll actually do what they Need to do to have this working. They'll do a retron 5, but that DOESN'T Play SNES, Genesis, NES etc... Cartridges. They'll ask for almost the same Price as the Retron 5 and Retro Freak, for a similar System with much less Features. And at the end you'll still have to pray the Quality is going to be even as good.

That is their best bet. And if that's what they do, you'll have to be a complete moron to buy it.

"Hopefully someone from the inside will defect and spill the Details."

I'd love to hear something from the "Hardware guy".

Edited by leods
  • Like 1

Same here. I think they're scrambling and trying not to show it publicly. That's what I read from their sudden silence. Something's not right behind the curtain.

Indeed. Could it be the face behind the Wizard of Oz? Smoke and mirrors used to great effect here. Sorry I remembered that line in the movie "pay no attention to the man behind the curtain".

I certainly hope Mike does not go into the magic business after his retrogaming endeavors bust; I do not believe he would make a good illusionist! :roll:

I thought that this twitter post was funny from their page considering the issues surrounding not having a working LED on/off under the shell for the proto:

https://twitter.com/RETROVGS/status/685597526901174272

"The COLECO Chameleon tooling for the console on/off button and light pipe."

CYO7UIXUAAEW227.jpg

Edited by ninja_gaiden2015
  • Like 2

I thought that this twitter post was funny from their page considering the issues surrounding not having a working LED on/off under the shell for the proto:

https://twitter.com/RETROVGS/status/685597526901174272

"The COLECO Chameleon tooling for the console on/off button and light pipe."

CYO7UIXUAAEW227.jpg

Obviously this is their most important outstanding issue with the prototype.

In the Gospel According To Mike, just the mere presence of the console shell is 50% of the battle. The 'on' switch and indicator LED? Well, that's another 45%.

Unicorn farts will take care of the rest.

• Like 3

Love, Love, Love, Hollywood Knights, awesome picture.

But oh wow are we swimming in picture submissions from listeners at RetroGaming Roundup, some are just too mean for us to share, but this one came out as almost cute and related to some vids posted here.

post-4118-0-71945800-1456320590_thumb.jp

That's how they roll in RetroLand.

Edited by sh3-rg
  • Like 1

You know what would be hilarious? If the Kickstarter campaign was awesome. That would be completely mindblowing. I'd really like to see that. Full specs, a fully working prototype, and Mike actually explaining why he had an SNES in the toy fair. Just imagine that. This would be the most unexpected turn in this whole (ad)venture.

Nope, I'm not counting on that. Just saying it would be funny as hell.

• Like 10

You know what would be hilarious? If the Kickstarter campaign was awesome. That would be completely mindblowing. I'd really like to see that. Full specs, a fully working prototype, and Mike actually explaining why he had an SNES in the toy fair. Just imagine that. This would be the most unexpected turn in this whole (ad)venture.

Nope, I'm not counting on that. Just saying it would be funny as hell.

Knowing Mike's luck, he is more likely to create Skynet in his attempt to merge a SNES with a Genesis

Edited by enoofu
  • Like 5

post-2410-0-03752500-1456331581_thumb.jpg

• Like 7

That's exactly what is going to happen. Don't be a nonbeliever. Beauty is as beauty does, that's what wise men say:

youtube.com/watch?v=njtYHiBG340

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=njtYHiBG340

Be kind, rewind.

• Like 1