IGNORED

Coleco Chameleon .... hardware speculations?

phoenixdownita

Nintendo doesn't want everybody to steal its intellectual properties but ...

From the Retro magazine page...

attachicon.gifimage.jpeg

Can't tell if it's serious or not, but I bet Mike would be too dense to figure out why Nintendo will succeed where he'd fail.

Nintendo likes to steal use people's ideas.

I wonder if we could licence an idea like "let's make a cartridge console system" and protect it.

Edited by Serguei2

I wonder if we could licence an idea like "let's make a cartridge console system" and protect it.

Well, I hear that John Carlsen knows "one of the best patent attorneys in Silicon Valley", so maybe he can hook us up.

"Let's make a cartridge console system!", along with "We've got the controllers, we've got the console shell, and that's half the battle right there!", is about as concrete as the RVGS/Chameleon "design" ever got.

• Like 2

From the Retro magazine page...

Can't tell if it's serious or not, but I bet Mike would be too dense to figure out why Nintendo will succeed where he'd fail.

Heh, I would bet on troll, but with his "fanbase," it's sometimes hard to tell.

I went looking for that comment and found this:

RETRO Magazine

Who loved Tips & Tricks Magazine? We are working on a special project sure to make you all happy this fall. What was your favorite tip, trick or cheat code?

Oh yay, let's fill up some of our expensive print space with tips & tricks we copied from the internet, that's a great idea whose time has come. Sign me up, shut up and take my money.

• Like 3

Yeah, when nearly every FB comment is "Can't wait for this! Thank you for supplying the Retro goodness!" It's really hard to believe these "fans" aren't paid shills. Or unpaid shills. Or Mike trying to fill a Tuesday afternoon.

• Like 3

RETRO Magazine

August 12 at 7:03pm ·

Who loved Tips & Tricks Magazine? We are working on a special project sure to make you all happy this fall. What was your favorite tip, trick or cheat code?

Oh yay, let's fill up some of our expensive print space with tips & tricks we copied from the internet, that's a great idea whose time has come. Sign me up, shut up and take my money.

Heh ... somebody should send him a bunch of tips and codes that don't work, just to see if he or his "staff" do any testing of their own, or if they're just looking for copy-and-paste fodder for the magazine.

• Like 5

If the NX gets 3DS like cartridges and assuming it isn't a handheld then it still wouldn't be a return to the kind of cartridges that were in past consoles because they would be SD cards. And even if SD cards were what Mike had in mind for his SNEZ, Nintendo still wouldn't be stealing his idea because Sony got there first with the PlayStation TV:

maxresdefault.jpg

• Like 2

I don't see how making a system with cartridges is an original idea to steal.

Maybe you mean relaunching a home console with carts in modern times, but nothing happened and there was no clear business plan on how it would sustainable. The AVS guys did it with a high quality famiclone. So nothing to steal there either.

Edited by Newsdee

If the NX gets 3DS like cartridges and assuming it isn't a handheld then it still wouldn't be a return to the kind of cartridges that were in past consoles because they would be SD cards. And even if SD cards were what Mike had in mind for his SNEZ, Nintendo still wouldn't be stealing his idea because Sony got there first with the PlayStation TV:

maxresdefault.jpg

Playstation TV is a device to let you to play Vita on TV.

Vita is a handheld system.

Playstation TV is a device to let you to play Vita on TV.

Vita is a handheld system.

But the PlayStation TV is still a console that uses SD card like carts. Since the Vita failed this was Sony's last attempt to save it by changing the games from handheld games to console games. Anyway, the NX's carts would be similar and therefore Nintendo wouldn't be the first to use these kind of carts for a TV.