IGNORED

Graze Suit Alpha

Mord

I'll consider it for later although would the game be very playable if you did have a trak-ball? Consider what the player is doing to score points. :D

Anyway, rom updated again. Not much changed in the gameplay portion - mostly revamped the title screen to make it easier to update.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Updated again. Changes can be found here.

Overall a lackluster release given the time spent/wasted since the last update. I plan on trying to be more active during the summer despite the likely heat and humidity that normally saps my dedication to code! ;) If I have to I'll find time to go to the library or someplace with air conditioning to do whatever design work I can and then just come back to the PC to copy the code and test/debug it. We'll see how that works.

Flickering is set up in the new version so that technically all 16 enemies can now be used at the same time. The flickering is crude at this point - as soon as you go 1 over the limit all the enemies flicker. I plan on trying to reduce the flickering ones to only what's needed. Several tricks I can think of off the top of my head that I'll give a try for next release. (Which will hopefully be sooner than freakin' august!)

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 year later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Updated the rom. Fixed a spawning issue with randomly moving enemies - noticeable especially in easy mode where they're all random. Enemies were spawning but their speed was being set to 0 (just not saved) so they were kinda sitting just off the screen laughing at the player.

Also added the cannon. Most of it's AI is in, and it can shoot.

This enemy flies around like others do, bouncing off walls. When it gets ready to shoot, it will slow down and come to a complete stop. It'll then shoot and choose a new direction to fly off in.

When it's not targeting a player, the turret will swivel around. Right now the player targeting isn't done. So when you see a cannon flying blissfully around without rotating it's turret, you know it's actually targeting you.

Beyond that, the only thing that I still need to do is do an adjustment on where the bullet actually spawns - so it spawns at the end of the turret instead of in the center of the enemy.

• Like 4