IGNORED

Garbage?

Omega-TI

Last year I needed an external case for a disk drive, and followed Gazoo's advice to get an EZ-135 case. As usual, Gazoo was right, the case is perfect and it even came with it's own power supply.

My problem is, I'm getting too much junk piling up around here, and the EZ-135 drive is part of the stuff piling up. I've never used or tested it, the seller claimed it worked, but it's just been sitting in a drawer getting in the way. Anyway, is this thing just garbage? I can't imagine it's even worth the price of an envelope or the postage expense to ship it to anyone. Should I just round file it?

gallery_35324_1027_740789.jpg

gallery_35324_1027_3815.jpg

I have a pair of EZ135 SCSI drives and I love them. I have about 10 different drive cartridges for them. They are fairly cheap to come by and seem to be rock solid.

I would recommend them to anyone that has a SCSI system.

I have been considering these to replace my soon-to-be-dead IBM 105MB SCSI.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have one of these drives installed in a PC attached to a SCSI card. Using either Michael's tool or Winhex, I can look at or backup images very easily to the network. A 135MB cartridge takes about 120 seconds to read, start to finish, with another few seconds to copy the resulting raw image to a backup location.

I've probably mentioned this before, but I have one of these drives installed in a PC attached to a SCSI card. Using either Michael's tool or Winhex, I can look at or backup images very easily to the network. A 135MB cartridge takes about 120 seconds to read, start to finish, with another few seconds to copy the resulting raw image to a backup location.

Tim, I have gotten my Geneve with the original .98 eprom and the swan to boot finally after 17 years( the Geneve I left a picture of, comes up now, but keeps giving me a Bad CPU Ram error) and I was trying to get my SCSI card operational( origianl WHT SCSI, no upgrades as far as I know, but it hangs in MYS and with the other Geneve before the resistor problem, I could format a SCSI drive(just bought EZ135 and Zip- up to 2 GB, a couple of months ago and even have one Superdrive). Any Ideas or do I need to upgrade the Eprom on the Geneve? Also can the SCSI card be upgraded and if so where would I find that information(here on Atariage perhaps?). Thanks.