IGNORED

ATARI Portfolio -RARE? Common?

zanic

I have the oppurtunity to aquire an ATARI Portfolio handheld from a friend with a couple extras. I personally have never seen one before this and was wondering if they were rare, or what would be a resonable price for one. Does anyone have one?

Thanks

Well, you can use them to steal money from ATM machines, haven't you seen Terminator 2? :evil:

Seriously though, they seem like really cool little machines to me, and I'd definitely go for it as long as the price is right. I think they're decently rare (Although not holy grail rare), and the extras for them seem to go for pretty high prices on eBay.

--Zero

Not to knock B&C, I've order from them in the past but their prices on Portfolios are way over priced. I've been watching portfolio prices for a while now (since I'm secretly a cheapskate :ponder: ). The average price on ebay is currently in the $45-55 range. They were in the $70-$80 range not that long ago but prices seem to be going down, although they appear to have bottomed out. As far as trade lists and other web sites that occasionally have a Portfolio the going value seems to be in the $60-70 range.

Well, I'm glad I bought it, B & C Computer Visions looks a bit overpriced to me. I got the Portfolio for $10! Not only that it came with the memory expander, serial interface, parallel interface, and a 64K card! If I bought that from B+C it would be $350.00, not a bad deal for me :-)

Here's a pic of the goods...

portfolio.jpg

Great find. I've been wanting one of those for a while now but I am

too cheap to buy it off ebay. The portfolio was one of the last great

products Atari came out with, unfortunatly few people were aware

of their existance. With Pocket PCs and Palms coming down in

price the Portfolio is losing a bit of its shine. Perhaps thats why the

price has declined?

John

Archived