IGNORED

Hello from 1994

Yeah, In this particular picture it was set to 16-bit. I'm not messing with it too much until I glean get a new HDD or CF card for it. It suffers from the problem of not being able to handle larger HDDs, the smallest I have on hand is a 10gb drive. So in going to have to find a sub 2gb drive for it., the HDD is so badly degraded that scandisk shows about a third of the screen in red. I'm surprised it even boots. But after all, it was found in a barn. This has been a pretty extensive restore...

Edited by jdgabbard

Nice setup! I'd love to get my hands on a machine like that. Currently I'm in the process of getting a Power Macintosh G3 resurrected with OS 9.2.2 and online. But classic Windows is nearer and dearer to my heart.

I'm assuming it's an IDE harddrive in that machine. If that is the case, you could go with an IDE to CF card adapter, like this one: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Compact-Flash-CF-to-3-5-Female-40-Pin-IDE-Bootable-Adapter-Converter-Card-/400547304336?hash=item5d427ad390:g:PF0AAOxymspSDbTq (I'm not promoting that particular seller, just an example of what it is).

It lets you plug a CF flash card into an IDE machine, effectively giving you a cheap SSD in the size you need. I know quite a few guys use those instead of trying to find and rely on ageing harddrives.

Edited by TPA5