IGNORED

Request to convert WAV to interrupt-driven speech

OLD CS1

Someone here knows how to do that. I remember reading it, but I cannot find you. Please raise your hand!

I want to put together a little audio demo but I need two wavs converted into something I can feed the speech synthesizer while playing music.

(I guess I also need to go check out the development sticky.)

Actually, I figured out how to get QBox running on my Windows 7 machine using XP Mode, so I am giving it a go, myself. Thank you, though. If you do not mind, I will check in if I have any problems. (Like Rasmus, I found I had to copy qbox.ini to C:\Windows in the XP Mode guest.)

For anyone who wants to use XP Mode, I found one niggling little problem: you cannot see the host machine's drives, and mapped drives (like Z: to \\tsclient\d) does not show up in QBox. I wonder if it has anything to do with the 16-bit interface. To move files back-and-forth from XP Mode guest to host I had to publish Explorer.exe by, in the guest, using regedit.exe to remove the exclusion from the Virtual PC application publishing, restart, then copy the Windows Explorer shortcut to the %allusersprofile%\Start Menu\Programs directory. Now I can open Windows Explorer in an XP Mode virtual application which can see the host's drives.