IGNORED

What do you think of a 'reverse' HDX type program?

Omega-TI

Do you guy's with HDX's think you could use a program on your TI that could be controlled from the PC?

Imagine having DIRECT ACCESS to all your active TI drives, from your PC... just like a SD or USB memory device.

The way I envision this working:

A disk access program with read & write capabilities would reside and be active on the TI, but it would be controlled from the PC. This would enable one to drag and drop things on the PC directly to the TI... just like using a memory stick or SD card. Individual drives would be listed/organized like files on the PC (example: DSK1, DSK2, DSK3, DSK4.)

Imagine how much easier it would be to add or delete files, create compilations and organize everything.

post-35324-0-33324400-1453831670.jpg

Hey, that's kind of neat! :)

In this case I was thinking of a CHEAP software solution for people who currently have HDX's, but want to stick with their conventional or existing hardware.

The only drawback to this method that I see is Greg and other's would be hounded by quite a few people that don't already have an HDX to get them to make one for them, because the utility and ease of use is just too good to pass up.

To me this comes under the heading of, "Why has no one ever thought of this before?" I doubt it would be impossible to pass the control commands to the TI. I'm sure some sort of interpretation routine would have to be developed though.

Do you guy's with HDX's think you could use a program on your TI that could be controlled from the PC?

Imagine having DIRECT ACCESS to all your active TI drives, from your PC... just like a SD or USB memory device.

The way I envision this working:

A disk access program with read & write capabilities would reside and be active on the TI, but it would be controlled from the PC. This would enable one to drag and drop things on the PC directly to the TI... just like using a memory stick or SD card. Individual drives would be listed/organized like files on the PC (example: DSK1, DSK2, DSK3, DSK4.)

Imagine how much easier it would be to add or delete files, create compilations and organize everything.

Like magicfm? You just need putty or hyperterminal or qmodem on the pc side.. http://www.errorfree.de/Software/mfm5.ark

Greg

Like magicfm? You just need putty or hyperterminal or qmodem on the pc side.. http://www.errorfree.de/Software/mfm5.ark

Greg

Yes, that program works in a kludge sort of fashion one program at a time with multiple steps. I guess I'm not very good today explaining myself. I'll try again...

The program would be something that would just need to be loaded up on the TI, that's it, no other fussing around. 100% of all control operations would be done on the PC, just like dragging, dropping and deleting is be done on the PC. One would be able to access ALL available drives on the TI via the PC in the same exact way one easily manipulates files on an SD or USB card. For all intents and purposes the program on the TI would emulate an SD card, except the storage device would of course be the TI itself. All this would be performed without making new cables.

Yes, DM2K does this already, but you have to press multiple FCTN keys to tag, directory, etc. This would also enable one to view all drives and their entire contents on the screen at the same time and even move things back and forth between drives.

It was just an idea to streamline things. I doubt this will go anywhere.

I've never played with VDM99 this will let me drag and drop to the TI from Windows over the HDX without having to buy new hardware or manually changing settings? Cool. Got a link to the program? I'd love to try it out.

I have never worked with VDM99 either. I remember reading about it about a year ago and thinking that's cool.. I need to try it..

the link is HERE

Thierry's site is a wealth of information for the TI.