IGNORED

Problem with 5200, 2port?

Video

I got a 2 port 5200 to play games on because the 4 ports a pain to hook up and doesn't always work.

Recently my 2 port has started having problems with some games. Jungle Hunt and Pitfall II are the two big ones, most the games will occasionally crash, but Jungle Hunt has gotten really bad. And Pitfall II hasn't ever actually crashed, but the sound goes out and some of the colors mess up and it looses hit detection with the bottome half of Harry (meaning no collision with scorpions and gold bars)

Is there something that causes this? I think I've read somewhere that the 2 port 5200 doesn't work with some games, but I didn't think these were in the list. I know they both worked, because I've beat them several times preiously on this system, and lots of times on the old 4 port.

Help?

I can't offer you any help with your problem, but I have an observation/comment.

I have a four port 5200 I found at a crummy flea market. Came with its switch box and power adaptor. It's worked flawlessly over the past four or so years I've had it, and I hardly considering it a pain to hook up.

So don't go dissing the four port, especially when you're looking at a busted two port. ;)

=

Recently my 2 port has started having problems with some games.  Jungle Hunt and Pitfall II are the two big ones, most the games will occasionally crash, but Jungle Hunt has gotten really bad.  And Pitfall II hasn't ever actually crashed, but the sound goes out and some of the colors mess up and it looses hit detection with the bottome half of Harry (meaning no collision with scorpions and gold bars)

The Pitfall II no music is something I've experienced when pausing the game for an extended amount of time. You need to press one of the keypad buttons or the Start or Pause button. I can't remember which to reactavate the music (if you REALLY like that repetetive garbage). As for the rest of the problems you're having, your 5200 may be acting up. Have you tested the games in your 4 port to see if they work well on that system?

Well, if the switchbox on my 4 port worked reliably, then I'd just use that.

Do you mean a loose chip in the game, or the system?

Junglehunt looks kind of like how you get a new computer game and it works for a while then starts messing up because it needs a patch or something.

As I said, with Pitfall II, the music cuts out and then some of the colors and hit detection. It's playable without music, but not without being able to pick stuff up.

Well, if it's the system, I may leave it till it dies, if it's the game, at least the screw is in the back of the cart instead of the front.

Archived