IGNORED

adding a 1541 floppy drive to my pc

J.Ivy

So my Vic-20 is set up and running, but I had 2 floppy drives.... I didnt actually need the second floppy drive on it so..

So why not use an xu1541 "floppy to usb" adapter and hook it up to my pc? I can download an emulator program and use it to load games from the floppy.

I knocked out a shelf on my desk, added the 1541. Now i just have to wait for the adapter :)

Yes, my desk is "eclectic", my only explanation is that i get bored in winter. Thats a 2004 dell 2350 in the green case with gauges, the newly made 3 tube amp up above (just made to look crude). The kodak camera is soon to become a web cam. The 1541 is snuggly fit on the bottom right, where the original drawer once was.

206hk3o.jpg

2hp6aug.jpg

• Like 2

A man after my own heart. I love the case you used. I used a WW II radio case years ago to house my old HP computer, so I really appreciate your work. I have an old X5141 setup, but I am seriously considering getting a KryoFlux unit.

http://www.webstore.kryoflux.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=28

These are a lot more expensive, but they do more too.

motrucker - The pc case is just some scrap wood that I had. I figured id use some analog gauges that i had laying about, wanting to use them somewhere. The speaker/amp was made out of my old mans tool box. It gives me a nice daily reminder of him.

The 2350 is used as a support device for my Vic-20, as a virtual modem and program loader. While im sure that i will be having fun with the xu1541, dang. Now i want a kryoflux unit!