IGNORED

I want a new label contest!

shep

I wish someone would finish a homebrew game already! I want another label contest, I didnt have time to finish the last one I did for the Castle Blast contest! We need to have some more Graphic Design contests around here with little prizes, that would be so fun!

Ok, I dont have any prizes, and I dont have a homebrew game, but if i DO find anything worth giving away, i think it would be neat to design labels for games for other systems, PORTED to the 2600.. like a 2600-style label for, say, super puzzle fighter 2... :) (the gas station fianally got a new arcade game, and this is the one.. damn addictive)

I second that thought.  It has been a while since the last contest and I for one am ready for a new one, some one please have one soon.

:D  :ponder:  :(

Well Robert M said in his last post in his contest:

http://www.atariage.com/forums/viewtopic.p...p=247036#247036

that there might be a label contest in May.

I probably will lose on this contest, if it happens, like all the other label contests.

Now if only we had an entire forum dedicated to contests.  :ponder:

Ok...ok sorry I have disturbed the balance of the forums! Forgive me :D If its a big deal, than someone can move it....doesnt really matter to me, but no one ever posts on the contests boards, well not as much as they do here....

Now if only we had an entire forum dedicated to contests.  :ponder:

Ok...ok sorry I have disturbed the balance of the forums! Forgive me :D If its a big deal, than someone can move it....doesnt really matter to me, but no one ever posts on the contests boards, well not as much as they do here....

Nah dude dont take it personally I'm betting you didnt even know it was there...neither did I for a while... :P

Yes, we intend to have more label contests soon. They are always very enjoyable to watch and result in many excellent label designs. It has been too long since the last one, and there are several games that are nearing completion. It shouldn't be too much longer now. :)

..Al

Hang in there snorlaxnut, I have been in about five of these label design contests and have yet to win one my self, but I keep on trying as you should do.

:)  :ponder:  :D

Thanks for what you said, but I don't think I will win any label contests.

First, my name is Brett Gladson, remember that.

Second, go to the contest pages for:

Castle Blast

Qb

Mental Kombat

Now take a look at my entries compared to all the others, my entries look like they were drawn by a 6 year old kid.

Most of the entries in the contests look like they were created with those expensive paint programs. I just have the paint program that came with Windows ME. If I had the money to get one of those paint programs, I would rather get the games than making label entries to try to win a copy of the cart.

The only way I could get my label on a cart is if I created a game myself. No, I am not making a game, too hard for me to make one and I don't think I can use any knid of game-making program on my PC. I just play games, not make them!

I have better chances at trivia contests, no artistic talent required.

I don't think I will enter any more label contests (No, this isn't a gimmick to get game makers to use my labels.).

You are too hard on yourself, Snorlaxnut!

Take the animated show "South Park" for example:

The animation and character designs are pathetic and still look like construction paper cut shapes! It looks like crap!

But the show is HILARIOUS! :D Why? , because it's supposed to be terrible and look like crap!

The nature of the storylines and humor fits the presentation and vice versa. That's why the show has been successful, IMHO.

Take a look again at each winning entry for the past label contests. Each one is different: a different style or imagery was used.

In other words, your entries are just as valid as the next guy( or gal ) and it could be just the thing the next hombrew label needs to fit its game concept!

Take care! 8)

Archived