IGNORED

Need Info on White/Beige Atari Standard Joystick

kinkad

Can anyone help me with info on this? What was the white/beige Atari Standard Joystick made for? It looks exactly like the standard black 2600 joystick, but is white/beige in color. It has a black handle boot and black cord with the Atari logo on the connector pin casing. I played it on my 2600, but was wondering if it was made for the XE since the color is the same as the XE light gun. I'm so confused!

I think you mean Grey/Black joystick... Which was released with the XEGS and later sold seperately.

There however was a Beige/Black Atari CX-40 joystick at one point. Tom Palecki of Atari's Industrial Design group had an artist sketch of the joystick and had an actually unit as well which he sold me.

Apparently Atari at one point considered making a line of Atari joysticks to match the color of the Atari 400/800 Computer Line. Only this one prototype seems to exist, so it must be assumed that the idea was canned in favor of just staying with the all black CX-40's for use across all lines of games/computers.

Curt

I think you  mean Grey/Black joystick...   Which was released with the XEGS and later sold seperately.

There however was a Beige/Black Atari CX-40 joystick at one point.   Tom Palecki of Atari's Industrial Design group had an artist sketch of the joystick and had an actually unit as well which he sold me.

Apparently Atari at one point considered making a line of Atari joysticks to match the color of the Atari 400/800 Computer Line.    Only this one prototype seems to exist, so it must be assumed that the idea was canned in favor of just staying with the all black CX-40's for use across all lines of games/computers.

Curt

I recall seeing it in some promo pics for the 400/800 as well. Would that be the same proto that was used then or were there indeed more?

Archived