IGNORED

Need Help Identifying Some Oddities

the1hatman

The overlays GM are quite common, I often encountered.

I agree.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I found the silky overlays I have (two couples) in boxes made in Hong Kong, one for the US market and the other for the International

EDIT: @Jason: I meant only Auto Racing Imagic style overlays. I've never seen other Mattel games with that kind of overlays. But, who knows... it would be cool to find them for other Mattel games

Edited by intellivotion

I agree.

I don't know if this is relevant, but I found the silky overlays I have (two couples) in boxes made in Hong Kong, one for the US market and the other for the International

EDIT: @Jason: I meant only Auto Racing Imagic style overlays. I've never seen other Mattel games with that kind of overlays. But, who knows...

I notice all the members posting that these are common are from outside of the US. I think this confirms that these were an international variant as they seem pretty rare here in the US. It's too bad every Mattel game didn't have a version of these as they are a far better quality than standard overlays.

I notice all the members posting that these are common are from outside of the US. I think this confirms that these were an international variant as they seem pretty rare here in the US. It's too bad every Mattel game didn't have a version of these as they are a far better quality than standard overlays.

You are very probably right: all the Auto Racing with GM overlays I find on eBay now are from non US sellers: ITALY 1 ; UK 1 ; ITALY 2

He also used to have a room tour video on YouTube. The secret dungeon looks pretty cool. If you skip ahead to around 4 min in this video, they do a quick sweep of his kiosk collection. I didn't see Intellivision, but maybe someone has faster eyes.

https://youtu.be/fhyBlJza1ps

I think the Intellivision kiosk is a new pick up

He also used to have a room tour video on YouTube. The secret dungeon looks pretty cool. If you skip ahead to around 4 min in this video, they do a quick sweep of his kiosk collection. I didn't see Intellivision, but maybe someone has faster eyes.

we can see some Intellivision here (not easy to catch, but there are on the right) and here (now they are much easier to see: Mattel Math Fun, I.I. Math Fun, Lady Bug, Donkey Kong jr. etc) and here (3 Sea Battle, 2 Shark Shark).

it's cool :)

it seems like retrogaming is quite big over there

Edited by intellivotion

• 2 weeks later...