IGNORED

FuSiON BBS Coming Soon

Shift838

All,

I believe after quite some time my FuSiON BBS is ready for testing.

I want to prove it out on an emulator, namely MAME to be running on a Geneve 9640 emulated system.

I have tested it on real hardware and it seems to be stable.

I am making a the last few text files like HELP, and a few ANSI screens, etc.

I will be putting it up within the next couple of days for some testing before i go out of town.

Support for 40/80 column modes and ANSI.

I will be posting the telnet address when it's up. (sorry no dial-up)..

This is just a test for stability on an emulator.

I will be setting the message bases to cycle every 10 to 15 messages to test message base functionality.

So I will be needed callers to test it.

Any issues anyone sees please report them to me via PM or direct email.

Once I am satisfied it is working good then I will reset everything and it will be open for business.

If all goes well this will be the first TI-99/4A and Geneve supported BBS to run on an emulator.

• Like 4

I decided to just post this to get more testers.

Any issues you find please report to me via PM or email with exactly what you did to see an error.

Suggestions too..

DNS : fusionbbs.ddns.net

Port : 9640

Also please remember this has been activated for User Testing to help me identify issues with the BBS that I may have not encountered in my testing.

Edited by Cschneider
  • Like 2

Checked in with Hyperterminal and Windows 7 (no "real iron" setup at the moment). Plain 40 column looked good, full color 80 column ansi was very slick and functional.

I didn't have the rank on first login to post or view messages. One liners feature could use a few more characters, none of my ideas would fit.... and I thought Twitter was tough !!! :grin: Do the one liners get posted for the next caller, as I have seen on a few other boards?

Checked in with Hyperterminal and Windows 7 (no "real iron" setup at the moment). Plain 40 column looked good, full color 80 column ansi was very slick and functional.

I didn't have the rank on first login to post or view messages. One liners feature could use a few more characters, none of my ideas would fit.... and I thought Twitter was tough !!! :grin: Do the one liners get posted for the next caller, as I have seen on a few other boards?

Yes once the One Liner is saved the next caller will see one of the one liners that is randomly pulled from a file. it only shows when first logging in right before the email check I believe.

I had an interesting thought around these Telnet and Dialup BBS's. It would be cool if the message boards on them also were captured out to a website. I wouldn't want to take away from the participation, so maybe a delay, like a monthly digest.

Maybe this is wrong for modern BBS's, if the social contract is exclusivity from the archives of the web.

Just a thought.

-M@

i definitely got some work to do on the message base code. There is one quirk that is just annoying the hell out of me.

so until I get it fixed I am going to take the BBS down.. may take a week or so depending on how much time I can carve out to work on it before my trip.

Thanks for all the testing over the last few days. Will post when it's back up.

• Like 2

I have made quite a bit of progress I believe.

I have fixed the reply on read and new message scan where it does not start the scan over at the original new message you have already viewed or the start of the messages you selected. It goes to the next one.

That's the quirk that was bugging the hell out of me.

I have also been working on consolidating other code where I could and have been able to decrease the size of the main BBS file to 85 sectors. It was 100!

I am still going through it a bit to see if there is any where else I can trim fat.

One liners are now 80 columns instead of 40!

I am thinking maybe I just may put in an 'Expert Mode' for menus.

i had this enabled on my old BBS back in the 80's where if you had it selected it would not display any menus unless you put in the '?' for menu. it would be flagged on/off by pressing 'X' at the main menu. not sure on this one just yet.

once i have it back completely up i will post again.

• Like 1