IGNORED

Crusader of Centy loose cart value?

AlexKIDD

Hey guys, I haven't been on here awhile so my apologies if I'm posting this in the wrong place. I've got a Crusader of Centy loose cart and was wondering about how much it is worth? The prices I saw on eBay were ridiculous so I was looking for a more realistic answer. I'm not looking to make a bunch of money off of the game. Just thought I might trade it for something I may get more use out of. Would it be unreasonable to assume I could trade it for a Neo Geo Mvs converter or a TurboGrafx system? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Yeah I always thought it was a cool game but I was surprised to see what it's going for now. I bought it maybe 10 years ago for around $20. I also remember not quite wanting to pay $50 for M.u.s.h.a. and now it's worth hundreds. I sure do wish I could go back in time 10 years and buy all the Genesis, Snes and Neo Geo games I could get my hands on.

*turns slowly to look at Genesis cart bin... which has a Crusader of Centy... that I paid 2 or 3 bucks for at a thrift store 5ish years ago*

Yeah, I remember this game being ridiculously cheap along with the majority of the rest of the Genesis library. It's really crazy (and to a degree, absurd) how much some of these games have spiked.

Correct, I paid about 8$ for my Centy loose cart back about 10 years ago I think and maybe about $10 - $12 for my loose M.U.S.H.A.. It isn't just Genesis though, you should see what some Cube games are starting to go for. Look up Chibi Robo for instance. It isn't crazy expensive like the two mentioned Genesis games, but...yeah...

Would never pay current prices for Centy. I can't imagine who would or who it's worth that too.

Yeah, I remember this game being ridiculously cheap along with the majority of the rest of the Genesis library. It's really crazy (and to a degree, absurd) how much some of these games have spiked.

There are games I checked a year or two ago for Genesis/32x that were $300, and now going for $500. Its got to be a bubble...who is actually paying these prices?

Actually a catalyst for me to order a MegaEverdrive from Stoneagegamer, going to get on to that today. Well worth the money not to ever have to worry about getting gouged again..

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

???

*looks up prices*

:-o

*turns slowly to look at Genesis cart bin... which has a Crusader of Centy... that I paid 2 or 3 bucks for at a thrift store 5ish years ago*

....huh.

luckkkyyyy

i should've grabbed it back then when i had the chance! also regretting that copy of MUSHA i let go back then, never getting that one back for a fair price

Even loose Sega CD games are getting pricey.

for real, that scene is getting stupid-high now, too...so sad

Um, what the hell? According to my lists, I have a complete copy, too.

What is so interesting about it that people will pay $300-$350 for it complete? I mean, RPGs always tend to go for more, but I guess part of it must be that it's a cardboard box edition, which would make it later in the console's life, and more likely for the box to get tossed. But it's also $100-$160 or so loose.

At least if loose games are getting worth more, I'm glad I picked up a bunch of loose commons years ago for a dollar each for their shells before the idiots decide they're worth stupid money. One of the days I'll come up with some kind of homebrew, and I'll need shells.

I wonder if this is an artificial spike for this game anyhow along with Musha. And Sega CD loose going up as well. I know for Sega CD anyhow I have 2 collectors in town going for a full set (80% FMV/sports games why even get them?). they are just missing the heavy hitters stuff but I just don't get it. I gave one of them a copy of Snatcher for free....no literally it was a copy just to say play it then decide if you need the second kidney or not.

Never played Crusader of Centy myself but I wonder if its also a limited run deal was it published at the end of the Genny life cycle?

also: for what it's wroth, Centy is legit a fun action RPG, and for its time, i think it was trying to do some really interesting things with how we view monsters in the genre, too. like MUSHA, it's a bummer that something so enjoyable is so expensive, versus say, something you can do without, like Spider-Man: Web of Fire.