IGNORED

Are there any Speed Run videos available?

Propane13

Speedruns can only be done with games that have an ending to them...and the only games I can think of for the 7800 that have endings are:

1. Scrapyard Dog

2. Get Lost

3. Fatal Run

4. Ikari Warriors

5. Fail Safe

6. Bently Bears Crystal Quest

7. Super Skateboarding

8. Tower Toppler

You could include Pole Position 2 and Motor Psyco...but that would only be for tracks and not the entire title.

And all but Get Lost have beginning to end videos on You Tube.

However given that speedruns usually indicate the fastest way to the end and contain warps to bypass parts of the game..the only games that have those are:

1. Bently Bears Crystal Quest

2. Tower Toppler (well not really a warp but rather a difficulty switch manipulation to get to the last tower)

Speedruns can only be done with games that have an ending to them...and the only games I can think of for the 7800 that have endings are:

1. Scrapyard Dog

2. Get Lost

3. Fatal Run

4. Ikari Warriors

5. Fail Safe

6. Bently Bears Crystal Quest

7. Super Skateboarding

8. Tower Toppler

There's Alien Brigade and Midnight Mutants too. (Im)possible Mission and Karateka fall into the ending categories as well. Choplifter! is another ending game.

Commando also, if establishing 'ending' a game with a one duty play-through. Something similar can be accounted for with Crossbow, reasoning that ending a game aligns with defeating "Evil Master" the first time around.

*SPOILER BELOW* for Crossbow...

Quickest route:
Green Path (Desert)
Blue Path (Cave/Cavern)
Blue Path (Castle Drawbridge Entrance)
Red Path (Inside Castle Hall)

Okay, what's up with Bentley Bear now that Bob's "retired" for now? This game ever gonna get released?!?

I know right! I really want it so bad. It's almost like the same scenario going back to 1981 for the anticipation of Intellivision's computer component release which never happened until 1983.