IGNORED

UDS MONITOR MODE and XB

Shift838

Has anyone ever been successful or know how to get into the Monitor Mode on a UDS device via Extended basic while a connection is present?

I can get into it via XB when there is no telnet connection, but I need to get into it while there is an active telnet connection.

The manual does not say it cannot be done.

I can do it without a connection by:

100 OPEN #1:"RS232.BA=9600.DA=8.PA=N"

110 PRINT #1:"ATD0.0.0.0"

120 FOR X=1 TO 150 :: NEXT X

130 PRINT #1:"RS"

140 CLOSE #1

This will put me in monitor mode and allow me to Reset power to the unit, but only if I have no active connection.

What I am trying to do is basically force it to hangup. I have tried the '+++' along with a delay and then issuing a "ATH"&CHR$(13), but that does not work within my MAME emulation and serial bridge.

thanks,

I have used "+++" within a terminal emulator.

Verify that when you are sending the "+++" that you have a delay before and after the sequence, that the send routine is not appending a CR/LF, and that the UDS is configured to recognize the escape sequence. This can only be done from the host side, not the target.

Try it from PORT or another terminal emulator first.

I have used "+++" within a terminal emulator.

Verify that when you are sending the "+++" that you have a delay before and after the sequence, that the send routine is not appending a CR/LF, and that the UDS is configured to recognize the escape sequence. This can only be done from the host side, not the target.

Try it from PORT or another terminal emulator first.

It works good in port and other terminal emulators. But for some reason I just cannot get it to work in XB.

I have played with the delay timing from 150 to 400.

How are you sending it to the RS232? You haven't said if CR/LF (carriage return and line feed control characters) are being suppressed.

I have tried both ways. For example

100 open #1:"rs232.ba=9600.da=8.pa=n.cr"

110 print #1:"+++" ::for x=1 to 150 :: next x

120 print #1:"ath"&chr$(13)

RXB has a routine called CALL IO that does CRU access and control or returns. You could use this CRU access to control and read RS232 PORTS.

EXAMPLE:

100 CALL CLEAR
110 CALL HPUT(4,7,"This is a demo of the",6,7,"CALL IO(3,8,2176,B)",8,7,"3 = TYPE (CRU output)",10,7,"8 = NUMBER OF BITS",12,7,"2176=address/2")
120 CALL IO(3,8,2176,0) :: FOR B=0 TO 255 :: CALL HPUT(14,7,"B=byte (value "&STR$(B)&")  ")
130 CALL HPUT(18,5,"************************",19,5,"*WATCH THE DRIVE LIGHTS*",20,5,"************************") :: CALL INVERSE(42)
140 CALL IO(3,8,2176,B) :: NEXT B :: CALL HCHAR(14,24,32,7) :: GOTO 110
150 ! This program only works on a REAL IRON TI99/4A

This uses CRU bits to access the Keyboard CRU lines and report them.

100 DISPLAY AT(1,1)ERASE ALL:"THIS PROGRAM CHECKS FOR     UNUSUAL KEYS BEING PRESSED, EVEN IF MORE THAN FOUR KEYS ARE BEING PRESSED AT ONCE"
110 CALL IO(2,16,3,A,B) :: IF A=18 AND B=255 THEN 110 ELSE CALL HPUT(24,3,RPT$(" ",30),24,24,STR$(A)&"  "&STR$(B))
120 IF A=146 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"FUNCTION KEY")ELSE IF B=191 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"CONTROL KEY")ELSE IF B=223 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"SHIFT KEY")
130 IF B=251 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"ENTER KEY")ELSE IF B=253 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"SPACE BAR")ELSE IF B=254 THEN CALL HPUT(24,3,"PLUS/EQUAL KEY")
140 GOTO 110
150 ! This program only works on REAL IRON TI99/4A and partially works on Emulators.

Once you figure out the CRU lined for what port on the RS232 Card you could fully control the RS232 this way.

I have tried both ways. For example

100 open #1:"rs232.ba=9600.da=8.pa=n.cr"

110 print #1:"+++" ::for x=1 to 150 :: next x

120 print #1:"ath"&chr$(13)

I noticed in an earlier message that you are already connected. How are you making that connection? When you open the UDS you might need to send a character, like a CR, to the port to ensure the device syncs.

Schmitzi's comment about the break before/after is also important.

Have you seen the disconnect options on page 33 of the UDS-10 manual? Looks possible to force a disconnect by sending a <Ctrl>D character. Not sure if the option to do that is compatible with the other options you're using.

Stuart.

Good idea!

However, I can get this to work in a terminal with no issue, but not able to get it to work in XB.

the program I am using is:

100 OPEN #1:"RS232.BA=19200.DA=8.PA=N"

110 PRINT #1:CHR$(132)

120 CLOSE #1

When I run this program with a terminal connected to the UDS via telnet I just get the CTRL-D character on the screen and it does not drop the connection as it does in the terminal.

Good idea!

However, I can get this to work in a terminal with no issue, but not able to get it to work in XB.

the program I am using is:

100 OPEN #1:"RS232.BA=19200.DA=8.PA=N"

110 PRINT #1:CHR$(132)

120 CLOSE #1

When I run this program with a terminal connected to the UDS via telnet I just get the CTRL-D character on the screen and it does not drop the connection as it does in the terminal.

I am probably not understanding something about XB; but, why are you not sending CHR$(4) for CTRL-D?

...lee

• Like 2

Is a Ctrl-D not a CHR$(4)?

talk about a homer momemt!

I was pulling the actual CTRL D ASCII when pressed. that just produces the string..

DOH!

CHR$(4) WORKS!

now I can try to test this with my BBS!

this was the last piece to get working within the emulator..

• Like 2