IGNORED

Thoughts on One-Off Books

Hey Everybody, I'm hard at work on the next volume of the Atari 2600 Encyclopedia, but had a thought and wanted to get some feedback. What would y'all think about a series of in depth one-off books? My initial thought would be to target one game, such as Wonder Boy 3 for the Sega Master System, and do a complete breakdown of the game. I would keep it around 75/100/125 pages and keep it at a low price point ($15-$20 for paperback/hardback, $5 for PDF).

This is a project that I would be doing much later, but I had the though so I figured I would get some feedback from everyone.

Thanks!

I personally wouldn't see the point in this day and age where info, maps, strategies, reviews and walkthroughs are all over the net.

But would be kinda neat to have if you were a huge fan of a particular game I guess. Not sure about $20 neat, but guess I'm just cheap like that. :lol:

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I can totally see where it wouldn't be a huge draw unless you were a huge fan of the game. And if $20 is pricey for a hardback, how does the $5 for a PDF sound? Or should I am lower?

Thanks for the feedback, and yeah I can totally see where it wouldn't be a huge draw unless you were a huge fan of the game. And if $20 is pricey for a hardback, how does the $5 for a PDF sound? Or should I am lower?

I'd probably spring $2-$3 for a .pdf, $10-$15 for a paperback and as high as $20-$25 for a hardcover if it was something I really, really wanted I guess. A book I'd love to see produced and wouldn't mind paying even bigger bucks for, would be Jeff Wayne's War Of The Worlds for the Spectrum, PS1 and PC. A thorough book covering those games would be awesome and something I'd actually want to read, then proudly display next to the rest of my WotW stuff. :love:

In all honesty though and since I'm such a fan, could/should write such a book myself. But as we all know, easier to enjoy someone else's cooking. :rolling:

post-13896-0-21939800-1455938597_thumb.jpg

As an alternative to hardcover, spiral bound books might be nice since the pages lay easier and flat for reference as you game. Thinking hints, tips, strategies, maps, etc. here.

The only problem with the spiral bound books is that the printers I go through don't have that option