IGNORED

Axlon 256 Memory System

R4ngerM4n

I would guess it has 8 slots giving the possible 256K assuming 32K modules used in that case.

Likely it has a cable interface to the Atari 800 and I would think you'd populate the first and third slot with 16K modules then have an interface module going into the second slot.

Can't remember reading anything about it back in the day - though before the XL, anything over 48K was fantasy-land for most of us.

It was an external ram device with power supply, and had a ribbon cable that connected to several adapters that fit different computers. Like most 3rd party gear from the day, it was designed for the Apple II primarily, then many other computers soon followed. Never saw an official Atari 800 adapter, but the apple II adapter I had was super simple in its design. I might even have some pictures somewhere, but don't hold your breath.

I believe there was an interface card for the Atari 800 that fit in the middle ram slot

Hey fibre. Long time no see.

Cool ad, but holy hell - "RAM Memory" flares my OCD as bad as "VIN Number", and "ATM Machine". Rant over.

• Like 1