IGNORED

Video problem on CV Front Line S.C.E?

Twin_power

I have a video problem while playing Front Line SCE on my "Yurkievision"... ?

The gameplay video is skewed about 3/4 inch at top. See picture.

Pixelboy told me to post this to see if you guys might know what's causing it...

I included picts of the cart receptacle, gameplay, and a picture of cart showing its size..

Due to FL being shorter there is not enough length to guide it into the receptacle slot so you

have to blindly find it carefully when inserting this game. I played several other games after to

test the console and they( joust, Popeye, dungeon and trolls) played fine with no skewing / good video. I then played 2600

Tapper on the same TV and it played fine.. No skewing / good video..Please advise.. Sorry for any technical syntax...

I'm not a hardware or software guy...just a paying fan of your CV product.

Thank you in advance,

:)post-38549-0-80602800-1457131696_thumb.jpegpost-38549-0-18499600-1457133042_thumb.jpegpost-38549-0-34327200-1457131778_thumb.jpegpost-38549-0-88859200-1457131860_thumb.jpeg

The gameplay is fine.. The overlay and instructions that came with it look great. I'm just a little

worried on what the cause may be. I'm confused after testing other CV games and the 2600

game that looked fine; then going back to FL and getting the same skewed result.

Ps...

I liked being able to spin the arms to aim using buttons "1" and "3".

:)

You might want to move this to the CV&ADAM Forum in the hopes that others that bought this game can chime in.

As far as this Mini-Cart that is made and sold by PkK... I have had some issues with this cartridge on my CV, but they either worked or completely didn't work. Fortunately, they all worked fine on my ADAM and then I just dumped the games to a rom image and played via the Ultimate SD Cart.

You might want to move this to the CV&ADAM Forum in the hopes that others that bought this game can chime in.

As far as this Mini-Cart that is made and sold by PkK... I have had some issues with this cartridge on my CV, but they either worked or completely didn't work. Fortunately, they all worked fine on my ADAM and then I just dumped the games to a rom image and played via the Ultimate SD Cart.

Thanks NIAD.. I'm kind of new to starting topics. How do I move it over to the

CV & Adam forum? I've briefly checked the help area..I haven't found it yet.

Does the game use different color schemes on the top row(s) or is it always that green/orange/yellow? I'm no expert, but I've seen this effect before. I always assumed it was some sort of mismatch between what the CV is outputting versus what the TV is expecting to receive (something is out of NTSC spec).

Does the game use different color schemes on the top row(s) or is it always that green/orange/yellow?

It's always the same, all over the screen.

I'm no expert, but I've seen this effect before. I always assumed it was some sort of mismatch between what the CV is outputting versus what the TV is expecting to receive (something is out of NTSC spec).

That would indicate that the power supply has a problem. I think we've all seen these weird effects when using homebrew PCBs, where some PCBs require a little more power than old legacy 8K/16K/32K cartridges. Try the cartridge on the same CV console with a different (hopefully "newer") power supply, and these problems tend to go away.

It's always the same, all over the screen.That would indicate that the power supply has a problem. I think we've all seen these weird effects when using homebrew PCBs, where some PCBs require a little more power than old legacy 8K/16K/32K cartridges. Try the cartridge on the same CV console with a different (hopefully "newer") power supply, and these problems tend to go away.

I have Front Line SCE on the way, and I have two Colecovisions one is my original and the other is one fromYurkie, I'll test it when I get it on both!!

Does the game use different color schemes on the top row(s) or is it always that green/orange/yellow? I'm no expert, but I've seen this effect before. I always assumed it was some sort of mismatch between what the CV is outputting versus what the TV is expecting to receive (something is out of NTSC spec).

Thank for your comments. I'm posting the list of mods my yurkievision has after seeing

a comment about the power supply.

The mods included for the my Yurkievision CV:

1. complete system refurb,

- console refurb with av mod,

- controllers returned with ball knobs and cords straightened,

2. intro skip bios & pause button combo,

3. power mod,

4. the provided CV with controllers by you.. :), and

5. LED additions

I realize I'm playing with 30+ yr old equipment. I've been playing it for almost two years and have really enjoyed it.

:)

Edited by Twin_power

Once the cart has been returned, I'll send Twin_power another Front Line SCE cart. If he experiences the same problem, then that means his console has a problem with that particular type of cartridge. It won't be the first time I've seen certain CV consoles react badly to certain types of homebrew PCBs...