Jump to content
IGNORED

Kiwi's Blog - RockCutter is now set at 128KB Megacart


RSS Bot
 Share

Recommended Posts

I started another project after I failed to convert Rockcutter a Megacart format. I soon figured out that if --codeseg bank1 is in that command line, then it would compile the code and const segment in 1 bank. SDCC -? help got me a list of switches to tell me what each switch does. So I found --codeseg and tried it out. Sure enough it compiled both const and code in 1 bank. I used cvmkcart.exe to put the segment together and sure enough it works(once I figured out which bank is the right one.)

So I decided to try making Rockcutter to Megacart again that I know --codeseg is needed. I first made a 80KB ROM since I already made 4 banks of graphic and code, but it failed to work. So I already experienced with 128KB, so why not go for that size. Sure enough I was saw KIWI on my logo screen, which the font was taken from the BIOS. No graphic was loaded since I was at the wrong bank. So I fudge around with it until the game was running perfectly. So now it work like my original 32KB version. I can now add more stuff to it. Music is one of the feature I want to add to this game. Better titlescreen for sure and better ending screen. Even a story screen, and a tutorial level for those who don't want to read the manual first. Maybe add more tile graphic to the levels.

I really need to get on making that manual. And hopefully the game will be release in Summer 2016.



http://atariage.com/forums/blog/340/entry-12769-rockcutter-is-now-set-at-128kb-megacart/
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...